49

ROSLINE

My heart ached as I looked at him. His usually glowing skin was now pale. Even his lips were pale pink. I knew he lost a lot of blood. My chest felt heavy at the thought of losing him.

"I'm so sorry," my voice came out broken. My eyes burned with hot tears as I placed my hand on his cheek. He felt a little warm under my palm but it did nothing to stop the ache in my heart.

"You're always getting hurt because of me," I sniffled and exhaled. This wasn't the first time he'd get injured all because of me. I was like a magnet of problems for him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," tears were falling down my cheeks. They were fat and ugly but I didn't care. They pain I caused Alexei was much more than this. "I'll make it up to you. I'll be a submissive wife, I promise. I won't ever defy your orders, I'll be good," I couldn't stop crying.

ALEXEI

The pain I felt was too much and it was annoying. But what woke me from my sleep was a familiar cry. A cry that filled me with guilt.

I opened my eyes to see Rosaline beside me crying her eyes out. Her face was puffy with tears stains as fresh was kept falling down like an overflowing waterfall.

"Rose," I don't want that.

A gasp left her and she snapped her head towards me. Her bloodshot eyes widened as her jaw dropped.

"ALEXEI!" she cried and engulfed me in a hug. I hissed lowly when I felt a sharp pain shoot through me. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry," she apologized and pulled away.

She waited for me to adjust and then helped me sit up. I hated the pain I was feeling.

"I'm sorry," her small warm hands held my face. My eyes automatically closed at the warm caress of her hands on my cheeks. I missed my wife's touch. "I still don't get why you're apologizing," I mumbled when I opened my eyes to look at her.

"I caused you so much pain," her eyes were teary again. I sighed and held her hands, "I'm fine, as long as you're here." She sniffled and smiled. I slowly pulled her towards me and touched her small baby bump.

"When the doctors told me you both were okay, I couldn't even express what joy I felt in words," I found myself saying. When I woke up, the first thing I asked for was how my wife and baby were.

"When did you wake up?" she asked when I made her sit beside me on the bed. "Two days ago," I told her.

ROSALINE

I let out a breath and held his hand to my chest, "I'm so glad you're okay." He smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat. "Your mother is beautiful," he said to me.

My eyes widened. "You've seen her?"

He nodded with a chuckle, "She comes with my mother to visit. She's really sweet, which makes me wonder where you got your attitude from."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Are you trying to say that I'm bitchy?" he raised a brow at me with a smirk, "When did I ever say that? You have a guilty conscience."

I glared at him, "You're lucky you're already in pain. I would have cause you more pain." He laughed, "Your attitude is always amusing." I huffed, crossing my arms and looking away, "I do not have an attitude."

Then I felt something tug in my chest.

I turned to look at him. He was looking at me with an emotion I knew was called longing.

"I missed you," I mumbled and interlaced my fingers in his. He slowly pulled me onto his chest. "You'll be in pain," I told him. He shook his head, "Your touch is soothing," he said and hugged me to his chest.

"I love you, Rosaline," he kissed my forehead. My eyes closed and my heart raced. I hugged him, "I love you too, Alexei."

Alexei was discharged two days later with a strict rule to have bed rest. And yes, he was nowhere near happy about it. The same thing applied to Vlad. So, I suggested he stay with us at the mansion so it'll be easier to look after them.

Also, I was able to convince Yeka to move in temporarily until Vlad was back on his feet. So, the house was full. I didn't mind at all and mom didn't mind too.

"Time for breakfast," I said in a singing voice as I walked into the room, holding a tray of food in my hands. Alexei was seated on the bed with a book in his hands.

He looked up to greet me with a glare. I rolled my eyes and approached him. "Your glaring won't change anything," I said to him as I balanced the tray on one hand and grabbed the book from his hands before placing the tray on his lap.

"Now, eat up. I made French toast with sausages. I made you fruit salad too and also a full glass of orange juice. You're going to eat every single thing," I told him with narrowed eyes and pointed at the food.

"You won't like what I'll do if you don't," I stated. He raised a brow at me and folded his arms. "I'd really love to see what you'll do if I don't eat it," he teased and I rolled my eyes. "Don't make me stuff all these inside your mouth. I took my time to do all these with love," I said and sat across him.

Then he smiled at me, "Wipe off that frown, love."

Then an involuntary smile made its way to my lips. "Just eat," I rolled my eyes and picked up the book that was on the nightstand. "You read books?" I asked as I examined the novel.

"No, I just stare at the pages because I have nothing else to do with my time," he said sarcastically and I shot him a glare. "Who's the one lying in bed between the both of us?"

"You're a scary woman," he pointed his fork at me with a grin and I flipped him off. "You're frustrating peanut and I," I said to him. "More like you've turned to a second peanut," he told me.

"You're trying to say I'm a child?" I glared at him. The urge to throw this book at him was strong but then I remembered that he was recovering so I had to calm down. He chuckled, "I don't need to say it. I value my life."

Asshole.

"Just wait till you're all better," I huffed. He looked at me as he put a fork full of pineapples into his mouth. The way his lips moved were captivating. He swallowed and I could nearly feel myself turn into a mushy puddle when I saw his Adam apple bop up and down.

"You want to ride me?" he asked with a boyish grin and I inhaled sharply. "Don't make me horny! I'm pregnant!" I glared at him and stormed out of the room. He's teasing me when he knows he can't fix any problem he creates.

Certified Asshole!