Prologue

Published: June 29, 2015; Edited: June 28, 2017

I'm starting to think I should edit this just because this story makes me cringe and wonder why this story disappointment s me so much as it's author. So yeah.

~·~

Reader's POV

I remember his voice, his smile, what he looked like, and all of the love he gave me and my mother. I remember the terrible moments we had, which were the moments when my father would come home drunk. my mother and I were worried about him, since he was an alcoholic. So, they got divorced. Just for my sake. Mom didn't want me to grow up like dad.

I still remember the words he said to me before he left, "(Y/n), honey, I want you to grow up to be smart, bold, caring, kind, and beautiful. Just like your mother. I don't want you to grow up to be like me. I want you to go to a good school, a good college, and have an amazing job. I want you to have a future to live for. Do you understand, (Y/n)?" My father asked gently. I nodded. He continued, "I know you will find a great man to marry someday, and when you do, I promise you, you will have an amazing life together with someone you love." 

I nod, "But dad, I don't want you to go!" I yell hugging him.

 He wraps his arms around me in a hug, "I don't want to leave you either. But we both have to be strong. Alright?"

"Y-yes, daddy." I say almost about to sob. I could see in his eyes that he was going to cry too. And he did.

He gave me one last hug, gave me a kiss on my forehead,"Goodbye, (y/n)." I didn't want to say goodbye to him, but I did. 

"Goodbye, daddy..." He gave me his best comforting smile. He looked at my mother and left. I never saw him again.

Levi's POV
I remember everything about her. Her smile. eyes, and face. And the most important thing, her beauty. I always looked up to her as an amazing mother. She loved me and my father deeply. And my father loved the two of us. My parents loved each other so much, leaving to me to question why they got divorced. If they loved each other so much then why would they get divorced? I tried asking my father that. But he wouldn't respond. I remember her saying to me, "Levi, I want you to live a happy life. I want you to be with someone that would always make you happy. Find an amazing, talented, trustworthy, reliable, kind, caring, loving, and beautiful girl. That kind of girl could make you happy for the rest of your life."

"Really?" I asked. She nods.

 "I love you, Levi. And don't you ever forget that." She said. 

"I won't." I promised.

 "And I promise you that the first woman you will ever fall in love with and marry, she would love you forever until the end." She said encouragingly, trying to hold back her tears. She gave me hugged holding me tightly. I hugged her back as she slightly sobbed. Letting go of me and picking up her luggage, she left. I never heard from my mother ever again.