Chapter 16:Secrets

I looked out  the window, spacing out. Thinking of what might happen if our parents find out about our relationship. I wanted to tell someone. I just didn't know who or how.

If I tried telling Hanji, boy would things would get out of hand. The only person that I can trust, for the hopes of, is Mikasa. It seems to be my only option. I sigh in deep thought.

If we weren't step siblings, this relationship wouldn't be this bad to our parents. But since we are, they'll probably think that we're messed up.

'Does this still count as incest if you're in some kind of an relationship with a step sibling? A STEP sibling. I feel like it is...' I rub my temples and took a few deep breaths to clear my mind.

"Hey, (Y/n)."I hear a voice snapping me out of my thoughts. I look up and see Mikasa.

"O-Oh hey..."I say quietly and looking away. She looks at me in concern and sits next to me.

"(Y/n)."She says quietly,"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."I say looking at her. She raises a brow.

"Doesn't seem like it."She says,"Come on. I'm your best friend. You can tell me. I promise I won't judge."She says.

I look at her,"You promise?"

"I cross my heart."She says crossing her heart,"And scout's honor till the day I die."

I laugh a little then sigh slightly,"Alright."

"Now tell me. What's the matter?"She says giving me her full attention. I sigh slightly to gather my thoughts together.

"You know... How Levi and I hated each other with true passion?"

"Yeah."She nods.

"And you know how I said we've gotten a little close?"

"Yeah?"She nods.

I look at her,"Well...."

"Well....?"

"Well, and you know how I said he came home drunk that one time?"

"Yeah. You said you had to take him to his room and he threw up."

"Weeeeeelllll...."My voice gets a little higher.

"Well?"Mikasa makes a look of confusion.

"That's not really what happened..."I say.

"Then what?"

"He..."I couldn't find the words as I said quietly,"kissed me..."

She somehow understood what I said,"Kissed you?"

I nod,"Yeah..."

"Where? On the cheek?"I could tell she was already knowing where this was going.

I shake my head,"No..."

Her eyes widen slightly,"The lips.....?!"She asks in a whisper.

I nod,"Y-Yeah... And that's not all..."

"Oh god.... What is it?"

"We kinda... Um... How should I say it... Hit it off??"I say with uncertainty.

Her eyes widen a little more as she mouthed the word, 'Sex......?!'

I nod as I didn't say a word. Her eyes widen even more.

"Why...?!"She yells in a whisper.

"I-I don't know...!"I yell in a whisper as well,"It just... Happened...!"

"It can't just happen...!"

"I know I know...!"I say holding the sides of my head,"Yeah I liked him back then before he became an asshole but it's the total different image now... What am I going to do...?"

Mikasa's quiet for a moment before she sighs,"Don't worry. Everything's gonna be fine...."She placed a hand on my shoulder.

I look up at her,"You're not upset? Disgusted? Shocked?"

"Well, yeah I'm shocked. Slightly upset. And not disgusted. I understand. You didn't mean for it to happen."

I sigh and rest my head on her shoulder,"What am I gonna do? I mean, I think I love him more as a step brother now..."

"Well, I say just slow it down. Don't just have sex every ten minutes. And just don't show any... Like... More than just a sibling relationship around in public. Yeah he's your step brother but it still counts as incest. Well, half incest I guess."She shrugs slightly as she patted my head

I sigh,"Yeah... Incest..."

"Look, I support you. But I just don't want you and Levi getting in trouble."

I nod,"I know. Oh, Mika... I'm just glad I could tell someone this. It was just killing me to keep it in any longer."

"Well, I'm glad you told me."

"And you promise you won't tell anyone?"

"I promise."She says looking at me with a small smile. I smile slightly back as I hugged her. She hugs back,"Good luck, step cousin."

I smile,"Thanks, step cuz."I laugh slightly. She does too as she stood up and walked away. I watch her walk away as I turned my attention to the window, looking outside. I sigh slightly and let a small smile slip.

'Just don't show any more than just a sibling relationship around in public... Just play it safe...'

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! With an update!  With many apologies! Hope you enjoy this chapter and such while I work on the next chapter as I slowly fall back into the AoT fandom!