Chapter 5:How Can Things Get Worse?

Published: September 15, 2015

Edited: September 15, 2017

{Time skip to Monday}

"LEVI IS YOUR WHAT?!" Hanji shouts in disbelief. 

"Step brother. So can you just quiet down? I don't want the whole school knowing." I whisper.

"Too late..." Mikasa says quietly. I look over and see that over at the table across from ours (Hanji, Mikasa, Sasha, Ymir, Christa and you), was looking at us. That table across from us was Jean, Reiner, Marco, Eren, Armin, Connie, and Bertolt. They get up and walk towards me. 

"Oh great..." I mumble. Now I'm going to have to answer a lot of stupid questions from these idiots.

"THE Levi Ackerman?!"Eren asks with his one black eye. "Is he gonna make you clean?"Marco asks. "Did your mom say anything when he swears?"Jean asks. "When is he moving in with you?"Reiner asks. "Did he rate how clean your home was?"Connie asks. "How and what would he treat you as?"Bertolt asks. "Congrats to your mom's engagement!"Armin says.

At least he's being encouraging and not annoying as hell. "Guys, please. Just give (y/n) some space. Okay? She has a lot to take in." Sasha says. 

"Yeah, guys. We all know how it feels to start a new life with new family members." Christa says encouragingly. 

"Actually, we don't." Ymir says. They all agree with Ymir.

I sit there feeling left out. Hanji hugs me tightly by the shoulder, "Aw. Don't worry (Y/n). I'm sure having Levi as a step brother won't be that bad..." 

"Yeah. I mean, you'll finally have a chance to get to know him better." Sasha says taking a big bite out of her sandwich and eating a few chips after swallowing the piece of her sandwich.

How can this girl eat? "Thanks, guys." I say. The boys sit at the table with us, it was a pretty big table. 

"So when is he moving in with you and your mom?" Eren asks. 

"Well, his dad said it might take them a week or two to get themselves settled in..." I say scratching my neck sheepishly. 

Mikasa looks at me, "Might as well estimate that to one week..." She says.

"W-WHAT?!" I say almost yelling. 

"Yeah. I went to his house yesterday and practically half of his house is already packed up..." She informs me. How is that even possible? Well, on Saturday during dinner, John did tell Levi that they would have to at least pack about 10 boxes full after dinner. Must be the reason. They probably packed more than 10 yesterday.

I make a breath a heavy sigh as I slam my head onto the table, "How could this get any worse?" Sighing under my breath. 

"(Y/n) (L/n), the principal would like you in his office immediately."

"Great...." I say. I get up from my seat and follow the Mrs.Gran to the principal's office. 

"Mr.Smith will be with shortly. Just sit and wait." She informs. I nod and sit on the bench and wait.

'What did I even do wrong? All I did was tell the news.... Or... No that's stupid. I did nothing wro-'

"(Y/n), I would like to see you now." Mr.Smith says. I take a deep breath and walked in. I took a seat right across from him in front of his desk.

"Do you know why you are here?" Mr.Smith asks. 

"Not a single clue, Mr.Smith." I say almost emotionless. 

"Well, I have looked through your grades and records," He says, "So far you have no suspensions nor have been expelled. Never missed a single day of school, and have never been late."

That's not bad.... "You also have been getting B's but mostly all A's" He says looking up at me, "Do you study often?" He asks me. 

"Mostly every night to be honest." I say, sheepishly scratching the back of my neck. He raises his big eyebrows. Almost seeming to not believe me.

It really was true. I study every night even if there was no test of any kind. Hey, you might never know if there would be a random pop quiz. It took him just a few seconds to believe me. "Well, after such extraordinary work, (Y/n), I ask if you would like to run for the student council." He states folding his hands.

"M-Me? I can't. I'm not that worthy to be part of student council." I deny. I have always wanted to be part of student council. I know that Hanji is running. And so is Krista, Armin, Mikasa, mostly my friends and mostly the ones I hate.

"A person with this outstanding effort should run for council." 

"Th-Thank you, Mr.Smith, but I really can't." I didn't do anything to deserve such an offer. 

"Alright, but if you change your mind you can just tell me, (Y/n). You would make a great president..."

Man, he knows how to push me... I sigh, "Oh alright. And thank you so much, Mr.Smith, for this offer. Y-You won't regret this, sir!" I say happily shaking Mr.Smith's hand. 

He smiles a little a bit, "You are dismissed, (Y/n)."

I couldn't wait till I tell my mom. She's gonna be so proud of me. Just as I leave his office, I may or may not have done a little happy dance. And after school I did my little dance all the way home. No matter how abnormal it was.