Chapter 6:Moving In

Published: June 30, 2015

Edited: September 15, 2017

Levi's POV

I packed my last box. I pull the tape over the flaps sealing them and put the box with the rest of them. I look around my room, it was empty. The whole house was. I grew up in this house. With all those memories of my mother and father and me. Memories of when we were happy. And now I'm just going to leave all those memories behind.

I sigh. "Alright, Levi. The truck will be here in a couple of hours so get ready." My father informs me. He takes one good look at my expression. He also sighed, "Look, Levi, I know it tough to leave a place that you grew up in but, it's time to move on with our lives. Let's put it this way, it's always best to try something new." He says encouragingly.

I look at him. I wanted him to be happy. It's been five years since mom left. And during those first two years, he sat in his office taking in his depressions. He locked himself up in there everyday. The only times when he would come out is for, work, the washroom, sleep, breakfast and dinner. Never even came out for lunch.

"Alright." I sighed looking away from him. 

"Great."He says leaving the room. Now all we have to do is wait for the moving truck.

{A few hours later}

"Levi! The truck is here!" My father shouts from the bottom of the stairs. 

"Coming!" I shout back. We pack the boxes into the truck. After we have had all the boxes, we get into the truck. I look out the window, and I look at our house.

I sigh, and the truck drives off.

Reader's POV
My mom said that the truck would get here in a half hour, so we had plenty of time to finish up cleaning. We just had to clean the kitchen counter and clean the windows. Mom took care of the counters while took care of the windows.

I made sure the windows were spotless. We made sure the whole house was spotless. Just the thought of scrubbing the floors hurt just thinking about it, since I already scrubbed the floors today. My arms hurt.

As soon as we were about to take our break, there was a knock on the door. "That must be them!" Mom says. 

I let out an annoyed groan, "Ugh!" She looks at me and I quickly change to a fake smile, "I mean, yay! They're here!" She smiles and goes for the door. I follow.

"Hey!" My mom greets John and Levi. 

"Hey!"John say cheerfully. 

"Hello."Levi says in his usual cold tone. 

"Let us help you with your things." My mom insists. 

"Oh please, (M/n), let me and Levi bring our things in. Let the men do the work." John insists. 

"Oh alright. If you insist."My mom gives in.

They make such a cute couple. They bring all boxes containing their belongings in them. "(Y/n), why don't you help and show Levi to his room." 

"Alright." I say as I pick up one of Levi's box. It seemed a bit heavy, "oof!" I gasp out as it almost felt like my arms would break off at any second.

"Oi, brat. Here give the box and just show me to my damn room." He says. 

"Erk... A-Are you sure?" I say. He was holding two boxes in his arms. 

"Tch. I'm sure." He says impatiently. I place the box on the top and guide him to his room. 

"For someone very short, he sure does have the senses to find his way...." I whisper to myself. 

He somehow heard me, "What did you just say?" 

"N-Nothing."

"That's what I thought." We arrive to his room, he places the boxes down. Before he goes back for more, he takes a look around in his room. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Making sure you did what I said you'll do..." He says checking the windowsill. He still remembers that night.

After 10 minutes of specifying, he made a impressed face which disappeared in just a second and walked out to get the rest of the boxes. "He's such a weirdo...." I say under my breath. 

"I heard that!" He yells from across the hallway. That made me giggle a bit.

It took us only an hour to help them bring boxes in AND unpack them. Pretty quick. We ate dinner. After that, I just collapsed on my bed. To sleep. So much work in one day. But good exercise. My arms hurt from the scrubbing and carrying boxes.

I laid there in my bed, thinking what life would be like now. You know, having Levi as a step brother and all. And just thinking that just brought up the memories of when we "used" to be friends. Even before both of our parents had gotten divorced, we were best friends. Almost like actual brother and sister.

But after our parents separated, he just stopped talking to me. I tried talking to him, but he would just ignore me. So I did the same.

And here we are, being step siblings. That would set mutual awkwardness between the two of us. Since we are grown up and all. I kept thinking these thoughts until I drifted off to sleep.