Chapter 24: What to Do

Few Weeks Later

Only a few more weeks until the wedding. Mom and John have been busy as ever, but Levi and I try to help them anyway we can. Our relationship still a secret from them, we would keep as much space between us as possible when they were around. And when they were out together, we would cuddle on the couch in the living room and watch TV. If we were out on our own little dates, mom and John thinks we're just hanging out to bond as family, we would go to the next town over where no one knew us so we could be a couple in public. I noticed that Levi has opened up more to me little by little. Still mean, but a bit more loving with each get together.

At this moment, we're walking around an outlet, a outside mall in a way, hand in hand and walking close together. I've never felt more at ease than I usually am back at home when I'm out with Levi at a place where no one we know are.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" Levi says as I look up at him as we walked.

"Yes?" I hummed as i felt his hand squeeze mine a bit.

"After mom and dad get married, and you graduate high school, let's move out and live somewhere out of town together." He says while looking ahead. I look at him with a slightly surprised expression.

"Live together? On our own?" I say and he nods while looking down at me, seeming slightly worried.

"Yeah. Where we can be ourselves, and not have to worry about precautions about being caught." He says. I continue to look at him before looking away.

"I don't know, Levi. That seems like a big step." I say softly.

"We don't have to if you don't want to. I was just... Suggesting what we should do." He says with a shrug and looking away, running a hand through his hair. There's an awkward silence between us as we walked, thoughts running through my head. I glance up at him and see that he too is thinking very heavily about what we should do. I grimace as I held his hand reassuring and walked closer to him.

"I'll think about it." I say as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Really?" He asks, his voice sounding surprised. We stop walking and look at each other.

"Mhm. I'll tell you what I think we should do when I graduate. We've got plenty of time to figure things out." I take both of his hands in mine and smile reassuringly up at him, "Alright?"  He lets a tiny smile slip as he leaned down and placed his lips against mine.

"Alright." He says as I smiled against his lips before pulling away  and we continue to walk, hand in hand swaying back and forth as I laugh softly.

Time Skip

"How's working at Kenny's doing so far, (Y/n)?" John asks as we say at the dining table eating dinner.

"Not so bad." I say as I ate, "I get to bother Levi when I get the chance so that's fun." I say with a smile and Levi rolls his eyes. John and mom chuckle at this.

"That's good that you too are getting along so well. I remember how bad it was when we first came over for dinner for the first time." John says.

"I absolutely agree. See, John. I told you that moving in would give them the chance to bond." Mom says with a smile and John nods in agreement. Levi and I glance at each other as we held hands under the table and ate casually.

"She's still annoying as fuck though." Levi says as he chewed.

"Hey!" John and I say, I pout at Levi as he smirked back at me.

"Language." John says.

"Je préférerais parler en français, merci beaucoup. (I would rather speak in French, thank you very much.)" Levi responds with a blank face to him. I hold in some laughter and so does mom.

"Tch... Smartass..." John grumbles in slight annoyance and we burst out laughing at the table. Levi smirks at his father as he continued to eat.

"Je vous aime aussi, papa. (Love you too, dad.)" He says as he finishes and stands, taking everyone's plates when we were done and taking them to the kitchen. I help bring the dirty dishes to the sinks as Levi began to wash them. I dry the dishes as he finishes washing them, I then see Levi look around to see our parents were in sight before leaning in to place his lips against mine for a few seconds before pulling away. I blush slightly and smile a bit before nudging him with my elbow.

"Don't be an ass like that." I say with a soft laugh.

"Quoi que tu puisses dire, belle? (Whatever could you mean, beautiful?)" He asks with a smug smirk.

"Like that!" I say while playfully slapping his shoulder, "You're such an asshole." I smile as i put the dry dishes back.

"Tu m'aimes toujours quand même. (You still love me though.)" He murmurs as I leaned against the counter next to him as Levi continued to wash dishes.

"You're lucky I still love you and love how you speak French to me like that." I hummed as I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at him. He looks over at me with a brow arched.

"Really?" He asks. I nod with a innocent smile up at him that causes him to smirk. "Well," he leans forward so that our faces were inches apart from each other, "Si vous le dites comme ça, je devrais peut-être vous séduire dans ma langue maternelle, pas vrai? (When you put it like that, I just might have to seduce you in my native tongue, don't I?)" He says lowly and huskily that sent shivers down my spine and made my cheeks turn pink.

"Hey, Levi, I got some more dishes from the table for you-" We hear John say as he walked into the kitchen and stare at us. We freeze in place as we stared back at him, the faucet still running as he just caught us with our faces only centimeters apart. My heart thuds hard against my chest as I try to think of something while  John processes what's happening. I glance to the side and see a opened container of Cool Whip for dessert, I slip my hand in it to get a good handful in my hand before slapping it across Levi's face. Levi's eyes widen as he processed what happened and John laughs. I giggle as I covered my mouth with the back of my hand. 

"Goddamnit, (Y/n)!" Levi growled as he took his hand to wipe a part of his face, where his face was covered in Cool Whip. We continue to laugh as mom walks in to see what the commotion was about before seeing Levi, she laughs as well. 

"Aw, poor Levi." She says as we laugh.

He leans against the sink with his CW covered hand as the other was placed on his hip, not at all amused as his jaw clenched to hold back from lashing out. His grey eyes glare at me as I smiled back at him innocently while trying to stifle my giggles.

"It's alright, Levi. Wipe it off, finish up with the dishes and take a shower." John says as his laughs calmed down to chuckles and he walked off with mom. I take a breather and lean back against the counter.

"Was that really necessary?" He asks as he looked at me, "Because it was highly unnecessary." He says and I looked back at him with his most serious face covered in Cool Whip and I laugh again.

"Oh god I'm sorry! I just can't take you seriously with all that on your face!" I say as he sighs deeply, grabbing a hand towel.

"Yeah, laugh. I'll kick your ass later." He grumbles as I giggled and take a strawberry  from a bowl and wiped some Cool Whip off his face on his cheek.

"Well, it was the only thing I could think of in dire situations like that." I hummed as I bit into the strawberry and hummed at the taste of strawberry and whipped cream, smiling. He clicks his tongue and uses the towel to wipe his face off.

"Brat." He sighs and slaps me on the back of my head.

"Ow!" I yelped and slapped him in return. He smirks as he continues to wash the dishes.

"Get your ass out of here before I smother you in Cool Whip." He says.

"Unless you smother my body in it and lick it off~." I teased, being a smart ass, before he takes a wooden spoon and chases me out of the kitchen.

A/N: Hey, guys! Long time no see! It's been awhile. Sorry for the long update. I should've been doing my Commercial Arts Homework but did this instead. But I hope you guys liked the chapter. Sorry if it was crappy. I got nothing else to say. Sooooo baiiiii