Eleven

Matrimony

Matrimony

𝐘𝐨𝐦𝐢 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭

𝐘𝐨𝐦𝐢 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧, 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨

—————————ᥫ᭡ᥫ᭡ᥫ᭡

Hey, my baby, why you lookin' so down?
Seems like you need a lovin'
Baby, you need a girl like me around
Hey, my baby, tell me why you cry
Here take my hand and yeah, mmm
Wipe those tears from your eyes

Music played loudly throughout the aspen home as seventeen year old Yomi stood in the kitchen preparing dinner.

The young woman was brought up in Aspen Colorado raised by her two parents, she had an older sister but that was it.

"You okay princess?" Yasir walked inside the kitchen looking at his daughter. "I'm fine" She shrugged

"What's on yo' mind?" Yasir questioned sensing the attitude laced in her tone, yomi laughed shaking her head. "Different stuff been running through my mind like crazy"

"Like what?"

"Y'all... I loved the way I grew up I do but it's just something's that I don't understand like the way you and mom have favorites and show it clear as day don't even hide it, how we don't have any extended family and how I'm clearly depressed but everybody act like they don't see it..."

Yasir sighed trying to find the words to say to his daughter; it was more that Yomi wanted to speak about but she didn't know how to bring it up.

The young woman had a good upbringing, she was a great kid also it was just some things she couldn't get over like she was stuck on the situation. 

Yomi was in her junior year of high school still learning about herself and life, it wasn't easy but she was making the best of it she loved the journey she was on though.