Aleatory

My vision had left me, and the rest of the night was a black out. When I finally became conscious, the first thing I heard was a loud scream from outside and then a laugh from a child. I moaned and rolled over. I felt something beside me and I opened my eyes. Chris stared at me, he had on a blue plaid and his skinny jeans; his hair was messy and he smiled at me when I looked at him.

"Morning." He said, but I pushed away and almost fell off the bed but he caught me. "Whoa, it's ok. Your safe."

"What did you do to me?" I screamed.

His face grew hard. "You think I took advantage of you because you were drunk? I'm not that low!"

I raised my eyebrows. "I'm supposed to believe that after everything you've said to me?" My head pounded as I spoke to him, and his face softened when he realized my thoughts made perfect sense.

"I didn't take advantage of you." He whispered.

I nodded and slumped a little, letting my head hit the pillow and I moaned again. He chuckled and grabbed some aspirin and a cup of water. "Swallow." He commanded. I followed his orders and as I finished the cup someone walked in.

The lady was older. She had gray hair, kind brown eyes and she wore a top with roses on it and khaki pants. She had big thighs and a big belly and wobbled into the room. She was a cute old lady; and she smiled at me warmly.

"You're Sam right?" She whispered. I nodded as she sat at the foot of the bed. She giggled. "I remember my first time getting drunk, it wasn't very fun the morning after. I never did it again. I hope you don't either." She said, eyeing me carefully, but then her face was soft again. "You're very lucky to have Christopher, he wouldn't leave your side all night. Brought you hear after you had passed out. Anyway, I made you pancakes- perfect hangover food." She patted my leg and then left the room.

I looked at Chris, he stayed with me all night? He brought me here to I wouldn't get hurt? He was blushing and when he saw me staring at him he cleared his throat and got up quickly. "So, are we gonna eat?"

I nodded and got up. I looked down and saw that my clothes had changed. I was now in a plaid; black and red, and it covered me to my mid thigh. I looked up at Chris and raised my eyebrows.

"It's mine, but Mary changed you...I didn't see anything." He said quickly.

I smiled again and nodded. I followed him out of the room into the kitchen. It was warm and small. There was a quote just above the sink that said: "Life is too short to wait for that one true love to come." The kitchen table was small; wooden and brown with a white lacey table cloth over it. There were daisies in a vase in the middle. Pancakes sat on one side and syrup by it. The sun was showing through onto the table; the white-tiled backsplash was quiet next to the warm light brown cabinets. I sat down in one of the chairs next to the pancakes and Chris sat next to me; serving me a plate. I muttered a thanks and began to eat slowly.

"So, how did you two meet?" The old lady says to me.

I look at Chris, wondering if she knows the story. He looks at me with a smirk, but he shakes his head. I look back at the lady and say, "Math class."

She nods. "Well that's nice! I hear that you are very smart."

I shrugged. "I try to be."

"She really is." Chris says nodding. I blush; the door is thrown open and two little kids come running in laughing loudly followed by an older man. He has on a plaid shirt and dirty blue jeans and work boots. He has a bald spot and his green eyes light up. The older girl has red hair and blue eyes. She has freckles and her shirt and pants are covered in dirt. The younger girl has blonde hair and blue eyes, she is pale and her clothes too are covered in dirt.