Chapter 21

I sat there for a few minutes, in complete shock. Everyone was waiting for me downstairs so that I could be shipped off to boarding school. No. This was not going to happen. I grabbed my empty bag and started throwing clothes in, just the things I need. Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, my phone. That's it. I look out my window and realize, I can't do this. I can't jump this high off the ground, I would end up killing myself. I scream in frustration and throw my full bag across the room. It hits the door with a loud thump.
Suddenly a police officer rushes into the room and looks around with his gun out. He sees me standing by the window, angry and nervous. He looks at my bag full of clothes, my now messy room from trying to pack my bag, and then back at me. He puts the gun away and walks toward me.
"Hey." He says, he is acted as if he knows me and as I get a closer look at him, I realize we do know each other. He was the pudgy mustache man that bailed me and my friends out of jail.
"Hi." I whispered.
"This is a crappy situation." He said, he put his hands in his pockets, as if this was the most normal thing to talk about.
"I need to get out of here." I whisper again.
He cracks a smile. "Look, breaking you out of jail was one thing, but I think helping you get away from boarding school is crossing the line." I know he meant it as a joke, but I started crying anyway. "Oh shoot." He muttered. "Look, kid, I didn't mean it like that, I just can't get you out of this one this time."
I sniffed. "I know, they're just taking away everything I care about."
"I know. I went to boarding school too, it sucks. But I did make life long friends there, people I'm still close to."
"I already have that." I mutter.
"You might make more." He said shrugging. "Don't give up just yet."
I grabbed my bag by the door and he led me downstairs where two more police guards were waiting with my parents. I scoffed. "Wow, you really hate me don't you." I said to my parents.
"We told you we were going to do everything we had to, to get you to boarding school." My dad says in that monotone voice of his.
"Samantha, please don't be mad." My mother pleads.
"Whatever." I mutter and walk outside.
"See, that might be one of the reasons why they are sending you to boarding school." The mustache man said. I glared at him and he shrugged. "You would be surprised how well respect works."
"I don't have respect for those people, and they did nothing to earn it either."
"You might feel differently about that later." Mustache man said.
There was a car waiting outside with the driver holding the door open. He took my bag and then I got in the back. My parents stood outside my door rigidly, not asking for a hug, not telling me they loved me, they just stared at me. They just watched as I was taken away from everything I knew and loved. The driver closed my door and I looked ahead. Fine, they wanted me gone? Then I would be completely gone.
The car drove away, and I refused to look out the windows. This was my death sentence, and I was screaming on the inside.
I got to the airport and I went through the whole process with my driver, apparently he was paid to watch me do it all and he was coming with me on the flight, so that I wouldn't escape somehow in the airport. I hate that my parents thought of everything.

The wait for the plane is long, I sit slouched in the chair while the driver plays flappy bird on his phone, chuckling every once in a while muttering "Silly bird." I sigh and get up, I expect him to ask me where I'm going but he just continues to play on his phone. Maybe this is my chance. I can go. So I walk quickly away, weaving through people and try to find the exit.

I stumble a little as something pulls me back. I spin around and see it's my driver. "You aren't getting away, you might think I'm not watching but I always am." He nods his head and gives me giant eyes. I nod and follow him back; he is starting to freak me out.

"Can I at least get something to eat?" My stomach grumbles when I finish the sentence. I skipped breakfast and it's now noon.

"Yeah, let's go." He walks behind me, which is even creepier and I order a big lunch at the panda express. I shovel it into my mouth nodding every once in a while; so happy because it's so good. He stares at me the entire time and I look down, terrified of this creepy man. When we get back to our seats, there is only ten minutes before we get to board. I tap my foot anxiously and look around, snapping my fingers. I didn't bring my ear buds and my phone is almost dead since I forgot to charge it last night.