Cafune

That Friday I was a nervous wreck again. Tonight would be my second date with Andrew and I wasn't sure what to do. The last few minutes with him were so awkward and I still wasn't ready to kiss him yet. I was hoping it would be better this time and maybe it would be; but if I refused him again, I don't know what would happen. I stood in my bedroom ringing my hands, trying to calm myself. Then I thought I should probably talk to someone about this. Talking to my mom about kissing a boy was definitely not an option...I think talking to Sandra about it would be weird...I'm not talking to Alex right now...Jenna! I lunge for my phone and quickly dial her number. She answers on the first ring like usual.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey, I need advice."

"I'm not that great at advice can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

"Um..." She starts laughing.

"It's from Friends."

"What?"

"The show. Oh right! You don't watch TV, well I'm adding that to the list."

"What list?"

"The list of shows we are watching when I drag you to my house."

I laughed. "Ok."

"So what's up?"

"Well I'm going on a date with Andrew tonight."

She groans. "Oh...him."

I put my hand on my hip. "Look I'm not waiting around for Chris, and I like Andrew."

"Yeah, but you and Chris are made for each other! But whatever, so what do I need to help you with?"

"What if he tries to kiss me?"

She laughs. "You're worried about kissing him?"

"Well yeah! I've never kissed a guy before. How does it work?"

She laughed again. "It's like kissing your hand, simple and easy. Don't think too much about it and watch the tongue action."

"Ok whoa, I was not thinking anything about tongue. Oh my gosh what if he wants tongue?!"

"Hey, slow down." She said laughing. "This is your first kiss you don't have to worry about tongue at all."

I release my breath. "Oh thank goodness."

"I can't believe you've never kissed anyone before."

"Well..."

"What?! With who? How did it happen?" She screams on the other line.

"It wasn't consensual. He kinda took me to a deserted hallway and kissed me. I pushed him away though."

"Who was it?" She continued to scream.

"Chris."

She gasps. "I'm gonna kill him."

I laughed. "Don't worry he knows never to try it again."

"But the fact that he did in the first place! What a jerk! Oh, I'm calling him now. Bye." She hangs up then, and I stare at the phone for a minute, a little confused but then I laugh. At least I got the information I needed.

I get ready and meet Andrew outside when he drives up. He smiles and opens the passenger door for me. "Wow, such a gentleman."

He laughs. "Well, only for you."

"So where are we going to tonight?" I ask when he gets in the car.

"Well...I thought dinner and a movie. Is there anything you want to see? And a restaurant you want to go to?"