Elysian

I guide Chris to my house, I want him to meet everyone. I hold onto his hand tightly, it's almost as if I'm afraid he will float away and I'll never see him again. We walk into the daunting house, I know everyone is home. Everyone was staying in for lunch except for me. When we walk into the kitchen everyone is talking and laughing.

"Hey!" Echo yells at us.

"Hi!" I say.

"Who is the cute boy?" Victoria asks.

"This is Chris." The room goes dead silent.

Then Zach starts laughing. "It is an honor to be in your presence, dude."

"What is he talking about?" Chris whispers to me.

"Uh-"

"I wish Lucy would put out, but she won't. What's your secret?" Zach asks.

Chris's face turns that shade of white again. He turns to look at Zach and for the first time Zach actually looks frightened. "I did an awful thing, I put Sam through a lot. You better learn to keep that mouth of yours shut, or someone will knock it out of you." Chris walks out.

I give Zach an annoyed look. "You had to ask him that?" Zach stuffs some chicken in his mouth and shrugs. I sigh. "You're an idiot."

I run out after Chris and he's sitting on the steps, people watching. I sit down next to him. "Chris don't take that seriously, Zach uses girls for his own amusement. He's not a good guy."

"Yeah, but I used Lucy. I could care less about her."

"Yeah, you did. But you learned from that. Zach hasn't."

"This is never going to go away is it?"

"What?"

"The memory of Lucy."

"It'll go away, our friends back home don't mention it."

"I can't believe she's doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Spreading this around, rubbing it in your face."

"Well..."

"I'm so sorry."

"Chris, she isn't spreading it around."

"What?"

"That night that she told me, I came home in tears and Miranda and Victoria were in my room so I told them and they must have told everyone else."

"Why would you do that?" He asks, getting up.

"I just told Victoria and Miranda, I didn't know they would tell everyone."

"But why would you tell them?"

"I was heart broken, they were there and I needed to talk to someone! You can't blame me for that."

He runs a hand through his hair and I have to look down, because that's really attractive and I'm supposed to be fighting with him right now. He sits back down and sighs.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just hate having that reminder...I know I screwed up. I deserve it, but I just hate remembering that time. It was awful."

"It was for me too, but it's over, just remember that."

"I don't know if I can." He mutters.

"What?" I whisper.

He looks at me heartbroken. "I keep hurting you, it keeps coming up. I keep remembering it and I can't be a good boyfriend because that's all I think about when I kiss you."