Chapter 16

I had just stepped out the door when Ian caught up to me. "I'll come with you." I look at him shocked but he shrugs. "He didn't want to leave. He cares about us and he loves you, he'll be happy to see us I think."

"No one else agrees?" I say to my feet.

He shakes his head. "They think he wants space, but I know that's not true."

"That's what I think!" I sigh. "Why does everything have to be so complicated?"

He shrugs. "I don't know, but we'll find him. How are we going to get transportation though, since neither of us can drive?"

"I'll juts use my credit card."

"Your parents are cool with that?"

"Not really...I'll just deal with them when I get back. I've already broken rules."

"What?"

"I'm grounded but I left to go hang out with Jenna."

He laughs. "Look what we have done to you. We're turning you into a rebel."

"Yeah, it's just hard letting them parent me after years of negligence."

"Yeah if we are going to go on a road trip together you can't use words like that."

"What? Negligence?"

"Yeah what's that even mean?"

"It means to not take care of something correctly."

"Oh. I see."

"Get in losers, we're going shopping." Ian and I turn around to see Jesse in his car.

"You want to do this?" I ask.

He nods. " I'm on the same page as you."

"Are Jenna and Scott coming?"

"Jenna and Scott don't exactly agree..."

"You sure?" Ian asks.

He laughs. "Look, I care about Chris. I don't believe for a minute that he doesn't want to see us."

I smile and hop in the front seat. "Is Jenna ok with this?"

He shrugs. "She's not thrilled, but she respects my decision."

"Ok good. I wouldn't want you guys to fight over this."

"Don't worry, everything is fine."

"So what's step one?" Ian asks from the back.

"Well I say we go home and pack. I'll get the credit card and book us something on a bus and we'll do that."

"Why don't we just fly to Texas?" Jesse asks.

"Look, I'm going to be in massive trouble with bus tickets no way am I paying for a flight."

Jesse laughs. "Alright, fair enough."

Jesse drops me off at home and we agree to meet in an hour and leave. I quickly pack my things. I don't have to worry about my parents walking in on me doing this but Sandra is always around. She knocks on my door and I open the door just a smidge.

"Yes?"

She narrows her eyes. "What are you doing?"

I hate what I'm about to do. I open the door wider and show her my suitcase. "I'm spending the weekend with Jenna."

"You are grounded, the fact that you snuck out made your parents freak out. Do you know how much trouble you're in?"

I shrug. "I don't care."