Saudade

It was the end of the month, my time was up. I wake up on Chris's chest, happy for a few fleeting moments and then the sadness of leaving comes rushing back to me. I snuggle closer to him, even though there is no more space. I don't want to ever leave him. This wakes Chris up and he wraps his arms tighter around me.

"Morning." He says in his raspy voice. I mumble a hello and then go quiet. "Something wrong?" He asks.

"I have to leave." I mutter and then bury my head in his neck.

"What why?" He sounds panicked.

"I have to go back to boarding school."

"You don't have to go." He says trying to reason with me.

I laugh a little. "I do, I actually do want to finish my education."

"You don't have to go there."

"Yeah I do, I am not legally an adult, I can't just in roll at a school, besides my parents will make sure I get there one way or another."

He groans and lays his head back on the pillow. "I hate your parents."

"That makes two of us." I sit up and kiss him. He kisses me back, and soon it gets heated.

Before it can go too far, there is a knock at the door. Chris groans. "Go away!" He yells and then his lips are on mine again.

"Get up you big oaf!" Someone says from outside.

I get out of bed. "Jenna?" I screech, running to the door.

"Don't give in!" Chris yells from the bedroom.

I fling the door open and there is Jesse and Jenna. They are smiling wide and their hands are together, they look so happy. Jenna comes in and I am enveloped in a hug.

"It's so good to see you!" She says.

"You too! I can't believe you are a married woman now!"

"Neither can I." She says laughing.

Chris comes out, he is rubbing his eyes. He looks annoyed, even though his friends just came back from their honeymoon. "You interrupted something." He grumbles.

Jenna gives me a smirk. "Oh?"

"Not that Jenna, geez."

She laughs. "Opinions change, I guess yours hasn't."

"Sadly no." Chris answers for me. I smile up at him.

"You're being a grump." I say.

"Whatever." He mumbles, a small smirk on his lips.

"Say hi to your friends." I tell him as if I'm talking to a five year old.

"Hi." He mutters and then goes to the kitchen.

I roll my eyes. "I'll wait until the coffee kicks in." Jenna says.

"So, tell me about your honeymoon!" I say leading Jenna to the couch.

"I'm going to go talk to Chris." Jesse mumbles and leaves Jenna and I alone.

"Ok, well we went to Florida, cause we have no money and that was the next best thing."

"Right." I say nodding my head.

"Well we got to the hotel and it was beautiful, the bed was so comfortable and they had a pool in back and we went to the zoo and to this beautiful garden, and we went to six flags and then dyed our hair crazy colors for the day and went out to eat every night." She sighed. "It was amazing."