Alexithymia

"We can't find him anywhere." Jenna said. Scott had been gone for a week and now was when we started panicking.

Ian was pacing, trying to call everyone Scott knew. "Where could that idiot have gone?" He yelled.

"We'll find him." Jesse said.

"I don't know, he was pretty pissed." Chris comments.

Jenna sits down, sighing and rubbing her stomach. "Did he give any indication of where he was going?"

"No, he just screamed at us and walked out." I answered.

There was a knock on the door, Jesse went to answer it and then quickly shut it, turning around to us. "It's Scott."

"What are you doing? Open the door!" Ian yelled, running to Jesse.

Jesse spun around and opened it up again to find Scott there, blood shot eyes, bags under them, his hair didn't look like it had been washed in days, and his shirt was stained. Jesse pulled him in and he stumbled along.

"What got into you?" Chris screamed. "Where have you been?"

Scott started to say something, but then just fell into Jesse's arms and cried. All the anger I felt fell away then, I looked at Chris to see that his emotions fell away too. We went over to Scott and stood by him while he cried.

"I'm sorry. It's over, I'm fixing myself up now. I'm ok now." Scott said, I don't know if it was meant for us to hear or for himself.

"Where did you go?" Ian asks.

"I went...I'm not even sure, I was drunk most of the time."

Jenna groaned. "You have to be kidding me."

"It's over?" Jesse asked, eyebrows raised.

"Yes, I've...had my fill of mourning. I need to start moving forward before I ruin myself."

"Good plan." I said nodding. "How about we go back to our safe haven and see Edmund? I think it would be good if you got to rejuvenate and start over on Monday."

He nodded. "Fine."

"Well...since it's Friday, maybe we should get going tonight. Get a start on it." Chris said.

"Alright, we should go pack then." I said to him.

He nodded. "Alright." He took hold of my hand and we left.

___

Once we got to the safe haven, we found that Edmund was just leaving. His face lit up just at the site of us. "I was wondering if I was going to see you. They haven't put in the staircase in the back yet, so you should just walk through the front."

"Thank you Edmund." I said.

"No wild parties alright? I'm going to have to pay for the damages." He said with a smile.

"We'll try to keep it low key." Ian said.

Edmund chuckled. "Good, good."

We waved and then headed inside. Scott went straight up, ignoring everything else around. We followed, and found that our upstairs room had been remodeled. It wasn't fancy like the rest of the building, it looked like it was made for four year olds. There were bunk beds and board games in the corner. A giant stereo sat next to them, and there were jazz, classical, and Elvis CD's in the corner.

"So this is what he likes?" Jesse asked, looking at some of them.

"Elvis is good." Chris mentioned.

"Yeah, but this classical stuff is not our taste." Jesse said laughing. "You would think after six kids in ripped jeans and leather jackets came in, he would bring in some Metallica."

"Maybe we should give it a shot." I said shrugging.

Ian turned to me, bewildered. "Give classical a shot? No way babe."

I shook my head and went to sit next to Scott. "You ok?" I asked.

"No, but I'll get there." He said smiling.

"What can we do?" I asked.

"Just...be here. Pretend everything is normal." Scott nodded.

I smiled. "Ok." I put my head on his shoulder and he rests his head on mine.

Elvis starts playing in the background. "So what board game should we play?" Jenna asks.

"Monopoly!" Jesse yells. He grabs the board and starts setting it up in the middle of the room. Scott and I join him in the center with everyone else. Chris moves closer to me and puts his arm around my waist.

I look up at him smiling. "This is fun." I say.

He nods and kisses me. "Yeah, this will be good."

Jesse beat us all in monopoly that night, he was so proud of himself. He ran around the room pumping his fists and shouting "Winner" for a good ten minutes. We watched him do it, until Jenna fell asleep. Scott crawled into bed too, facing away from us and we soon heard his snoring.

Chris took me down to "our level" as I liked to call it, where we first kissed. We sat by the window in the new plush chairs that Edmund had bought. We had a blanket around us, and I put my head on his shoulder. We didn't talk, we were exhausted. All we wanted was to be near each other.

We fell asleep there and were woken up by a scream. We both shot up and ran upstairs. Jenna was sitting on the floor breathing hard. Jesse sat next to her, he was holding her hand, his eyes wide.

"What's going on, is she ok?" Jesse asks. "Jenna what's going on!"

Jenna squeezes her eyes shut. "I don't know. It's hurts so much." She whimpers.

"I'll call an ambulance." Scott says and rushes downstairs.

I go to sit next to Jenna. "Hey, just breath. Ok, look at me and breath."

She looks scared, I see it in her eyes. She is scared for herself, for the baby. What would happen if they lost the child? She tries to breath, a few tears running down her cheeks. Scott comes up, breathless.

"They're on their way."

The ambulance couldn't get here soon enough. Ian rushes them up and even now Jenna is still in pain. A man lifts her up.

"Hey, be careful with her!" Jesse yells.

"We'll take good care of her." Says the man standing next to Jenna.

We follow them out. "Sorry, only family in the ambulance." He says.

"I'm her husband." Jesse says and steps up into the ambulance.

"We'll see you soon." I yell.

He nods and the doors shut. We follow behind, thankfully there aren't any other cars on the road, so it's not hard to do. We finally get to the hospital and they rush her inside. Jesse is running with them, holding her hand. He is sweating, barely keeping up.

The rest of us sit in the waiting room. Ian paces and Scott sits beside me, looking down, dead in the eyes. I hold his hand. "I'm sorry you have to be back here."

"It's ok." He whispers. "I want Jenna and the baby to be safe."

"Do you want something to eat?" Chris asks.

I shake my head. "I'm not hungry."

So we sit there in silence waiting.