Algedonic

"I lost the baby." Jenna manages to get out as tears run down her face. Jesse stares at the wall behind us, sitting next to her in a stock still position. "I don't know what I did wrong." Jenna sobs.

"You did nothing wrong." Scott says, moving to sit beside her. "The doctor said that your body just wasn't ready for the baby. There was nothing you could do."

"I can't believe I killed my baby." She said ignoring Scott, falling into Jesse's arms crying louder than ever. Jesse hugged her, holding her close.

"You didn't kill the baby, you didn't do anything wrong." Jesse says, repeating what Scott said.

"Jenna I'm so sorry. Is there anything we can do for you?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "I just want to go home."

Jesse and Jenna left a half hour later, she was in a wheel chair, walking still hurt. That left the rest of us alone. "Well, Scott and I are going to go now." Ian said. They waved goodbye and left.

Chris took my hand. "Want to see something cool?"

"Sure."

We walked out, he was a few steps ahead of me, tugging at my hand because I was lagging behind. Seeing Jenna in that state, watching her go through that pain was awful to see. I was so close to her, that I could feel her pain. I wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry. How could the world be so cruel? They would have loved that child so much, and suddenly the baby was taken away. Chris took me to the center of the parking lot and stood in front of a white dented car. He smiled proudly toward me.

"What do you think?"

"It...looks like a car... I don't know."

"This is mine." Chris said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Yours?"

"I have been taking driving lessons. This bad boy is ours."

"You got a car?!" I smiled and hugged him.

He laughed. "Now we don't have to take the bus."

"That sounds wonderful."

"Come on, I think we should go back to our safe haven."

I nodded. "That sounds great."

Even though the new car was exciting, I was still in a sad quiet mood. I stared out the window as the barren land rushed past us and Ed Sheeran played in the background. Chris's hand was on my thigh, he drove with one hand on the wheel and looked straight ahead. He was quiet too. I expected him to ask me what was wrong, but he knew, and he was shaken up too. No one wanted a child's death for their friend.

We arrived and headed upstairs. I fell into one of the beds and Chris fell down next to me. He hugged me close to him and put his head in the crook my neck. He started kissing my neck, going up, and hitting my ear. I turned around and kissed him back, this always felt good. I could feel things getting heated and I sat back.

"Chris." I whispered.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, but I hate this. I want more, I only want you. This isn't a relationship we just started! I just want to be with you." He got up and started pacing. I knew what this pacing meant. He was trying not to be angry, he was trying to work it out in his head.

"Please don't push this." I whispered. I hated keeping this from him, but I would feel awful if I gave myself away. So much had happened between us so I couldn't help but be a little uncertain and I refused to risk my future.

"I just can't keep doing this." He said motioning to me.

"So what then? You'll leave?" I blew up. "Not everything is about sex Chris. Don't you realize what you would be putting me through? I can't do it now! Don't you understand that? I can't get pregnant now!"