Ep 5 - Forest of Chakra

'I think I overdid it with my sharingan.' Kakashi thought.

"Waking up, huh? Are you alright?" Tsunami, Tazuna daughter asked Kakashi.

"I've been better. It'll be a week before I can move normally." He said trying to get out of bed.

"See, it's better if you don't move, so just lie down."

"Right."

"Look, sensei's coming around." Naruto said as we all walked into the room.

"Listen, Sensei, your sharingan is amazing and everything, but if it puts that much strain on you, maybe it's not worth it." Sakura said.

"Sorry."

"You better be, you gave us quite a scare you know." Aki said.

"Huh. Well, you did take down one of the most powerful ninja assassins, so we'll be safe for a while." Tazuna said.

"Right, but you know that boy with the mask, what about him?" Sakura asked.

"He's from the elite tracking unit of the Villagw Hidden in the Mist. Those masks are only worn by the most elite shinobi."

"What exactly do they do?"

"The Anbu Black Ops, also known as the Inferno Squad, destroy all traces of a rogue ninja's corpse. This Shinobi's body contains many secrets — Ninjutsu, chakra, special medicines used on his body. These are the secrets of his village." Kakashi explained. "If his enemies find them, his people will be in grave danger.

"For instance, if I were to die at the hands of an enemy, he would try to analyze my sharingan. In the worst case, my entire jutsu could be stolen and used against our home village. It is the scared duty of the shinobi trackers to prevent this, to keep the village secrets safe. If a ninja betrays his village, the trackers hunt him down, eliminate him, and obliterate every trace of his existence. That's their specialty."

'Wow, that's kind of harsh.'

~~~

"Kakashi-sensei? Are you alright?" Aki asked, although she felt like she was missing something important.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. To finish what I was saying...tracker Ninja deal with the body immediately, on the spot, so there's no room for error."

"Is that really important?"

"Think about it. So you remember what that tracker did with Zabuza's body?"

"We don't know what he did. I mean, I guess he took it away somewhere."

"Exactly, but why? He should have worked on Zabuza right there, as quickly as possible. Think of the weapons he used for the takedown. Do your remember what they were?"

"Throwing needles." Sasuke answered. "No way."

"Exactly. None of it adds up."

"What are you all yammering about?" You demolished that assassin." Tazuna said.

"Not quite." Aki said, how could she forget something so important. "Zabuza still alive isn't he, sensei?"

"Yeah, he is."