Ep 14 - The Demon In The Snow

"Gato, I don't understand. What is all this?" Zabuza asked. "Why are you here? And who are these things you've brought with you?"

"Hm? Well, you see, there's been a slight change in plan. According to the new plan, you die right here on this bridge, Zabuza."

"What?"

"What?"

"That's right. You're too expensive. So I've decided to take you off the payroll. Of course, even these thugs I brought with me cost something. So if you could manage to slaughter a few of them before they take you down, I'd appreciate it."

'Looking back at it, how the the thugs do anything to him when he said that' Aki thought, they must have been really desperate for money.

"Look at you. You look about as demonic as a wet kitten." Gato joked as the men behind him laughed.

"Well, well, Kakashi. It would seem our fight is at an end. Since I am no longer in Gato's employ, Tazuna's safe. We have no quarrel." Zabuza said.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." Kakashi said as Gato walked to where Haku dead body laid.

"That reminds me, you little punk. You grabbed me and nearly broke my arm!" Gato said as he kicked Haku's face. "I've been meaning to repay you for that."

Aki covered her mouth with her hand in disgust at what Gato had done to Haku's corpse.

"Huh, I only wished he was alive to feel it" Gato said.

"Get away! Get away from him, you scum!" Naruto running towards him but was stopped by Kakashi who grabbed him.

"Well, what about you, Zabuza? You gonna let him do that?"

"Be quite, you fool. Haku's dead. What does it matter?" Zabuza said.

"What? You mean, you could just stand there and watch him get treated like a dog?" Naruto yelled.  "You and Haku were together for years. Doesn't that mean anything?"

"You don't understand the way of shinobi. I merely used him just as Gatō used me." Zabuza said.  "Now, it's over. His usefulness is at an end. The loss of his strength and skill, yes, that means something to me. But the boy— nothing."

"If really mean what you just said. . . . than your an even bigger trash then you already are!" Aki yelled, because what the hell was going through that bastard head.

"Clam down you two, he's not then enemy. Not right now." Kakashi said, but Naruto wasn't having any of it.

"Aah! Shut up! As far as I'm concerned he's enemy number one!" Naruto yelled. "Why you. . . You ungrateful— After everything he did for you. Haku lived for you! You were the most important thing in the world to him."

"And he meant nothing to you? Nothing at all? While he was sacrificing everything for you, you never felt anything at all for him? And if I become stronger does that mean. . . I'll become as coldhearted as you are?" Naruto asked.  "He threw his life away and for what? For you and your dream!"