Ep 19 - The Chūnin Exam Begins!

"First, you candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound, knock it off. Who told you you could fight?" Ibiki said. "You want to be failed before we've even begun?"

"Sorry. It's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy. . . Sir." Dosu said.

Ibiki scoffs, "I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no combat between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission do you proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be will be disqualified immediately. Got it?"

'Scary.' Aki thought.

"Hmph. No fatal force? That's no fun." Zaku whined as the other Ibiki assistance laughed.

"Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first Chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number. This number determines where you will sit." Ibiki stated. "We'll start the written test once you're all seated."

"The what? Did he say. . . 'written'?" Naruto slowly asked as one of the assistant got a stack of paper out as Naruto yelled in fear.

"Not a written test! No way!"

~~~

                    Aki was seated a few rows behind Sasuke on the other side. They were complete spread out. She couldn't even see Naruto and Sakura with how they sited.

"Everyone eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of and I won't answer any questions. So you better pay attention the first time around." Ibiki said.

'No questions? What kind of rules are these?'  Sakura thought.

"All right. Rule one is this. The written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of you may be used to, you all begin the test with a perfect score of 10 points." Ibiki said.

"One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong

"One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So if you miss three your final score will be 7." Ibiki said. "Rule number two. Teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three members."