Ep 18 - All Ten Rookies Face Off!

Aki and her team were standing outside of the room 301 as Kakashi stood in front of them.

"Glad you came, Sakura, for your sake, and the others." Kakashi said.

"Huh?"

"Now, you can all formally register for the Chunin Exam."

"Why? What do you mean?" Sakura asked.

"You see, normally only groups of three are allowed to apply for, and take the exam. That's the way it's always been. But since I have a team of 4 we're an exception."

"But Sensei, you said the decision to take the exam was up to the individual."

"That's right, I did."

"Was that a lie?"

"Sort of. It is an individual decision but it affects all of you. I didn't tell you before, because I didn't want the other guys pressuring you." Kakashi said. "At the same time I didn't want you to feel obligated to participate because of any feelings you might have for, Sasuke, Aki, or Naruto."

"I wanted you to come to a decision of your own free will."

"Wait a minute. Do you mean if the others had shown up, but I decided not to come with them—"

"It would've have been the end of the line. If you hadn't come along, I couldn't have let the others in." Kakashi said.

"But even if Sakura did come with us it would have still have been a three man squad, wouldn't it?" Aki said. "So why wouldn't we be able to enter?"

"Unlike the others we're a group of four not three, all four of you would needed to come. But you're all here, and for the right reasons."

"Sakura. . ."

Sakura smiled.

"Naruto. . ."

Naruto smirked.

"Aki. . ."

Aki grinned.

"And Sasuke."

Sasuke smirked.

"I'm proud of you. I couldn't ask for a better team." Kakashi said as he stepped aside. "Good luck."

"We won't let you down, Sensei!" Naruto said as both Sasuke and Sakura opened the door.

"You can count of us!" Aki smiled.

"Believe it!"

~~~

"Wh— What's this?" Naruto shuttered.

"Gee, I guess we're not alone."

"You can say that again." Aki said as she avoid the looks of the other competitions.