Ep 6 - Where a Hero Onces Lived

It was the next day and Aki and Sakura were assigned to watch over Tazuna as he and his men continued to work on finishing up the bridge.

Unlike Sakura who was sitting down, Aki had offered to help carrying some of the steel beam. It made great practice for building up strength.

"You always this lazy?" Tazuna asked Sakura who was busy yawning.

"Where's that weird blonde kid and the one with the attitude?" He asked.

"They're training, climbing trees."

"To tough for you?"

"No. In fact, I'm one of the best. That's why sensei sent me and Aki to guard you." Sakura said with confidence.

"I could understand that girl" Tazuna said pointing to Aki who was busy moving at least 2-3 steel beams as if it was nothing. "But as for you...you gotta be joking."

"Huh?!"

"Tazuna, uh, I need to talk to you." A worker of his called out.

"Uh? What about?"

"Uh, the thing is, I've been thinking a lot about the bridge. And I decided I've pushed my luck far enough. I want out."

"Now you're going to quit on me, just like that?" Tazuna yelled. "You're kidding!"

"What's going on between those two." Aki asked crushing down next to Sakura.

"Not sure, I guess that guy over there is quieting and Mr. Tazuna isn't happy about it." She said.

"When they do, they kill you and the bridge will never get finished anyway. It's a lost cause, Tazuna. Why don't we stop now while we can still get out of this alive?"

"No chance."

"Huh?"

"This is our bridge. Our island is poor, and it will stay that way until this bridge connects us to the mainland. Commerce, trade, and hope, that's what we're building here." Tazuna argued.

"There not going to be much if we're all dead." The worker said.

"It's already noon. Let's break for lunch."

"Tazuna, let's not end things like this."

"Save your breath. Oh, and Giichi don't bother coming back after lunch."

'And just like that a friendship has been destroyed.'

~~~

                  Aki, Tazuna, and Sakura were now walking through the village of the land of waves.

"Ha. Where are we going?" Sakura asked.

"You want to eat tonight, don't you? I gonna pick up some things for dinner." Tazuna said.

"Thief, thief!" A man cried out as a child ran away laughing.

Children could be seen sitting down outside with tattered clothes.

'I wonder if there parents were killed or did they get abandoned by them.'

"Here we are."

"Welcome."

The market we entered barely had anything to sell. Just how where these people even alive. That bridge had to be build no matter what, no child should have to live like that.

Of course when Aki turned around she was meet with a sight of Sakura kicking a poor old man.