11

*Monday*
I've just met the owner and the manager and the asst. manager.
"Hello, everybody. Im Scooter and I am a professional marine animal trainer. I'm a graduate from marine bio school and I've been training Dolphins since I was 16 years old....I am now 24. I will be training you guys. Any questions?"He asks. We shake our heads. "Okay, we will start by picking your dolphin and giving it a loving name."He smiles and leads us around a board walk leading to a very large arena with 3 baby Dolphins await with their mothers happily.
"Go ahead, see which dolphin you want. Babies will be a little bit harder to train because, you know, their brains aren't fully developed yet.
I pick a baby anyway.
I examine the baby. It's about 3 or 4 feet long. She had a white circle above its left eye which reminded me of a moon.
Moon glow....Mahina, moon glow in Hawaiian.
"Mahina"I whisper with a smile.
"Did you figure out a name?"Scooter asks.
"Mahina"I look at him.
"Beautiful. Meaning?"
"Moon Glow in Hawaiian."
"Okay."He smiles.
I rub the bridge of Mahina's nose.
"Okay, we will begin training to be a trainer. Everyone has a swim suit on now, right?"We nod."Take of your dry clothes and put a scuba suit over your swim suit."He hands the 6 of us scuba suits. I slip mine on.
"We will begin by the swimming test."He starts as we walk to the pool area where the Dolphins show."You must make it from that end of the pool to this end without coming up for air. Its not a race, but the faster you go, the less time you have to hold your breath. Ready...Set...Go."
I dive into the water and push hard to get to the end of the pool. At least we didn't have to go back down, but the pool was very long.
I got there in 42 seconds.
The second person.
We learned about dolphin biology and continued physically training until 4 PM.
When I finish, I go home, change into a banana crop top, gray PINK sweatpants, and saved a pair, and went barefoot to the house.
"How was training?"Luke asks.
"awesome! Wanna see my dolphin?"I ask. Everyone nods."Her name is Mahina. She has a white circle above her eye that looks like a moon. Mahina is Hawaiian for moon glow."
"That's beautiful."Kiana says.
I smile.
"Where are the kids?"I ask.
"Upstairs. Just listen. You can hear Jai scream at his TV-"
"FUUUUUUUH"Jai yells.
"Shut up!"I yell back.
They both shortly come down, soon to find out they're just getting water.
"Jai, Perrie had her first training today."Luke hints.
"That's great."He replies, reaching for water.
I roll my eyes and unlock my phone.
"Aren't you gonna ask-"
"It's fine, Luke. I should start getting used to it."I mumble.
Jai and Jessica go into the living room.
"Sorry, Per. He'll come through. He's really sensitive about FIFA."
I know that's not the reason. I know Jai and he's not mad at the game. He should be disappointed in me. I'm trying to break his heart by taking away an obsession so he doesn't get hurt. Maybe I should just stop trying. Ill let everyone down....then move to Mexico and change my name to Fajita or Fredo.
"The selfie I just took is amazing. Look, baby."Jessica shoves her phone in his face. Jai nods.
Please, if my DOG looked like you I would shave its ass and teach it how to walk backwards so I could avoid looking at that mess you call a face.
I smile at my thought.
"You failed at a comeback, Perrie."She smiles.
"Nope, just didn't say them aloud. Don't wanna waste my breath on telling you you're ugly. I think you should know that by now."I smile.
"The next comeback gets you grounded."Jai says.
"She held open the door on that one. And what are you gonna ground me from....Coming here? Sounds good. Sign me up."I lean on the wall.
"See, baby, she's a rat."Jessica says.
Jai looks at her with no emotion...almost like he's silently agreeing.
I just shake my head.
"I think anyone who thinks they have had the worst dad on the planet, would say mine is the overall winner.....Ya kinda suck."I laugh."Anyway...I gotta go. I have a date."I turn around to face the door.
"With who?"Jai asks immediately.
"The boy in the room across from me at the hotel. His name is Jack. He's 18. He's a viner and I'm going to the zoo with him for a few hours."
"Don't get pregnant."
"By a lion? Jk, daddy boy, you too."I wink and shut the door behind me.
The reason I'm being playful is because I'm waiting for him to give in cause he knows I'm right.
I drive to my hotel where I change into a floral romper and white converse and apply makeup and put my hair in a high ponytail.
I step outside after Jack texts me "Outside your door" and see him kneeling on the ground with a rose in his hand.
"Let me show you....show you all the animals....in the zoo....my lady."
I laugh and take the rose as he stands up.
I hug him and we walk down the hall to the elevator.
We jam out in the car and arrive at the zoo in about an hour.
"So, how's your training?"He asks.
"Good so far. We're learning marine biology right now."
"You and your dad?"
"The next comeback gets me grounded."
He chuckles."When am I meeting him?"
"As soon as he gets rid of the slut he calls a girlfriend."
"Sooo, knowing you....Tomorrow?"
"I wish....There is no one here."I smile.
"Cause it's gonna rain in 3 hours."
"I like rain"I smile.
"Me too. What's your favorite month? On three, ready?"I nod."1, 2, 3"
"April"We say in sync.
"There are the monkeys."He says.
He opens the door for me and when I step in, he rubs his hand against mine slightly, then locks my fingers with his.
Not bringing any attention to it, he leads me over to the window revealing the big Silverback Gorilla.
-3 hours later-
We're running to catch our uber to a restaurant.
It's sprinkling and it's getting harder every second. (That's what she said)
Soon, it's pouring.
He pulls me under a bus stop and cups my face, then lands his lips on mine.
We pull apart slowly and smile.
The uber arrives and Jack tells him where to go.
I get a text from Dad: Please come home before 11.
Me: He lives across the hall from me. Coming home won't stop anything. But ok.
Dad: Thank you
I continue eating.
We walk to get another uber that drives us to the boys' house.
When we arrive there, I get out my wallet, but Jack puts his hand on top of it.
I look up at him and see him give the driver a 20.
"I'll see you later, Perrie."
"Ill be home soon. I'll text you when I'm there."
He leans over the seat and puckers his lips. I peck them and close the door, then turn, seeing Dad.
"First date and kissing?"He says.
"At least I didn't give him a lap dance like Jessica did you."I mumble in reply, walking past him through the gate.
"Excuse me?"
"Nothing"
"Do you wanna go to the gas station with me for a second?"
"I guess"I look up at the dark blue sky."Can I get out of this romper first? It's so uncomfortable now."
"Yea, we're passing your hotel on the way."
I get in the truck's passenger seat.
When I get into my hotel room, I change into black yoga pants, a white sweatshirt, and white Vans.
I go back out and meet Jai in the parking lot, then get in.
The gas station was small and there were only 3 stores mildly close to it.
Jai gets out and goes into the gas station while I pump.
When it reaches $40, I take it out.
"Stay here for a minute while I get water."I hear a woman say to her little girl who stood by the gas pump.
The mom disappears into the store.
I hear a very loud truck fastly come up the road.
There is yelling, and when they come into my view, I see guns being held out of the car.
I sprint over to the little girl who stood fearfully in her place as the guns started to fire. I dive to hover over her small body which was now crouched down.
I don't think you could see her body at all because mine was covering her's.
The shots don't hit anyone, luckily, but a car's window is now shattered to pieces.
I stay in my place, hearing Dad scream my name in fear.
"SOPHIE!!!"A woman {her mom} screams a blood curtailing scream.
Her mom run around to see the both of us hovered behind the little girl's car.
"Oh my, God! Sophie!"Her mom runs over to us, crying. "Are you both okay?"She asks in panic."You're a super hero."She smiles and looks in my eyes."Thank you....so much."
I smile and nod.
"PERRIE"Dad screams.
"I'm right here."I stand up.
He runs over to me, hugging me tightly. I hug him back tightly.
"Are you okay?"He cups my face and looks in my eyes. I nod and he hugs me again.
"She saved my daughter."Sophie's mom smiles at Dad.
"Really?"He asks. She nods. Zias looks at me, showing pride in his glossy eyes."Im happy she's safe."He looks at Sophie.
Sophie looks at me and hugs me.
"Thank you."Her mom says.
"A woman's duty is to keep a child safe."I smile.
Dad and I turn back toward the car.
"Explain what happened at home."He smiles at me. I nod.
Cops zoom past the gas station and flood into it also, checking to make sure everyone was okay.
I try to remember what I saw when I looked at the license plate and explain to the officer.
"Um....Z...67...RT....I forget the rest. Sorry."
"That's a lot of help, thank you."He walks away and I her back in the truck with Dad.
He starts to exit the lot.
"I'm very very proud of you, Perrie. You saved a life."He looks at me, then back on the road.
"I can't take credit. God told me to do it."
He grabs my head and kisses it.
We shortly arrive at the house and when we get inside, Dad puts down the bag and hugs me tightly.
"I'm so happy you're alive"He whispers with a small chuckle.
"They're hugging!"Luke throws his arms in the air. "She had to have almost gotten killed!" He jokes.
"Actually.....That's exactly what happened."Dad says.
"WHAT"Everyone looks at us with wide eyes....Including Jessica.
"Tell us the story"Dad pulls me over to the couch.
"Dad went inside, there was a drive by while I was pumping gas, a little girl was left by herself by her car, I ran over to protect her. No big deal."I take a sip of water.
"Are you kidding me?!? That's a huge deal! You saved her life!!"
"She would've been fine if I wasn't there. She was behind a gas pump."
"But they would've targeted her if you weren't covering her."Dad explains.
I shrug "You don't know that."
"You did an amazing thing, Perrie."
"Thank you."I put my hands up in surrender, saying what he wants to hear. "Don't tell anyone, though."
"Why not?!"Dad asks in shock.
"Because, I don't wanna have to live up to expectations of being the girl that is able to save lives and be so kind to everyone!"
"Well, they're gonna tell everyone on the news, so can we please tell the fans?"He begs.
......"Whatever. Only one tweet about it though. I'm going to the hotel. Can you drive me, Dad?"
Luke grabs my arm and pulls me in for a hug.
"We're all happy you're alive."Then everyone, except Jess joins.
"Except Jess."I whisper.
"She doesn't even want Jai alive."Luke whispers back.
I laugh.
"See ya tomorrow."I say.
Dad sniffs my shoulder. He does that a lot.
"Why do you always sniff my shoulder?"I chuckle.
"It always smells like lilac and coconut. Guilty pleasure."
"You're a creep."I laugh and shut the door behind him.
I text Jack and tell him I'm hear after showering and changing into spandex and t-shirt.
I open my door and he opens his, letting me in.
"This is my boy, Jack. We're called Jack and Jack. We temporarily live here together. Jack, my boy, this is my girl, Perrie."
"Hi, Jack."I shake his hand.
"Hello, Perrie....I am going to Chris's now."He says, awkwardly."Don't hook up."He closes the door.
"Whatcha wanna do?"
"Ridiculousness is on in 5 minutes."
"I love that show!!"
While we wait, we take selfies and a few Vines.
Gossip!