0.4

"Charlie, help me." Bella whines. We're doing our homework in the house. "Um no. Math is hard."

"Two brains are better than one." She says pulling me down to sit next to her. My shift at the house starts in 15 minutes.

"What is the slope of y=3x+(-6)." Bella reads out loud. I shrug my shoulders.

"Three." Reed yells from the other side of the house. "Thank you." Bella and I say.

"Coffee Boy at 4 o' clock." Bella says and I shake my head. "4:36." I correct. Dylan pulls a chair right next to me.

"Oh math." He says taking my book. "You don't get slope?" He asks. Bella and I both shake our heads. Dylan smirks and explains to us what slope is.

"Now for my coffee." He gives me the money and I snatch it out of his hands. "You know it's really hard to ask you out." Dylan says as I hand him his coffee.

"Really? How so?" I ask.

"You work at a coffee shop." He reminds. "So I can't say 'Wanna get coffee.'" I laugh at him.

"You really gotta thing for younger girls don't you." I giggle at him.

"Only the ones I like." He answers. I roll my eyes and kiss my teeth.

"You're lucky you're cute." I tell him.

"It might earn me a kiss someday?" He asks.

"No." I laugh.

"Worth a try." He winks at me and leave the house.

===========================

"Hey." Cory says as he sits next to me at lunch.

"Hey." I respond.

"Guess what my mom made?" Cory asks and he reveals his mom's heavenly apple pie.

"Oh my gosh." I say taking the pie away from him. Cory smiles and runs his hand through his blonde hair.

"How does she make it so good?" I ask eating the pie. "I can't tell you." He says and I sigh.

"Why not." I pout.

"It's a family recipe." He answers. He kisses me on the forehead. He always does that.

"Guess what Lilly did today?" Cory asks me and he goes into the story on how his little sister stole his pants and thought it was a game.

"'I'm winning Cody' she said and I said. 'This is not a game.'" I laugh. He should really be a comedian. Great. Bella's gonna be an actress he's gonna be a comedian and I'm going to sell coffee.

"M'am could you shut up Cody's on tour." (This is me I the future)

(And this will be me if I have kids) "Jacob sit down, Aunty Bella's on TV."

"I think I need a brother." Cory says and I zone back into what he's saying. "I think so too. You have Reed." He shakes his head.

"Reed doesn't like me that much." He says making an 'oh well' face.

"Yeah he does. He's mad that you don't come to the shop." Cory shakes his head.

"It's fine." He says

===========================

"Hello Charlie." Dylan says coming in the house with a British accent.

"You have offended all Whovians everywhere." I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"You are a geek?" He asks and I scoff.

"That's a compliment." I answer. Dylan stands at the counter and stares at me.

"Are you just gonna sit there and look pretty or order something." I ask him (no pun intended).

"How about I do both." He smirks and orders his usual. "Wanna see a movie?" He asks me.

"I'll have to think about it." I answer giving him his coffee. After about five seconds he looks up at me.

"What about now?" He asks and I laugh.

"You'll know at the end of my shift." I pay his head like a dog and he walks to the corner of the shop and sits down. When I glance at him every know and then he'll be looking at me and smirking.

"Why is coffee boy still here?" Reed asks.

"He's waiting for me." I tell Reed.

"Why?" He asks. "We're going to a movie later." I tell Reed.

"I would love to go to a movie." Reed says.

"Um, no." I say pushing his forehead.

•••

When we got to the movie, Dylan chose the movie. I forgot the title of it because I was too distracted by these group of children running around the place.

"You want candy?" Dylan asks.

"You see know you sound like a murderer."

"Are you still on that?" Dylan asks laughing.

"No, I just had to point that out. And no need to buy candy." I hit my purse on my side. "That's what the purse is for." I smile at him.

Dylan chooses the movie and decides to sit in the back. "Why don't we sit in the back?" He says and I shake my head.

"I like the middle." I sit down so I can see the movie perfectly.

"But what if I want to kiss you." Dylan flirts.

"Well, I guess you have to wait." I say pitifully.

"So you're saying I can kiss you?" Dylan licks his lips.

I lean in close to him. "Nice try." I slap his cheek playfully and sit in the middle. Ten minutes into the movie, Dylan realizes that he's not going to win and sits next to me.

"Welcome to the middle. We have free candy." I say while giving him candy.

"Now you sound like the creep." Dylan chuckles.

"Says the 20 year old going to a movie with a 17 year old girl."

"Shhh." Some people say in front of us. Geez.

"Hey, how old is Reed?" Dylan ask me.

"Twenty-nine." I answer then, I put my hand over his mouth. The movie looks very interesting.

Half way through the movie, Cory decides to text me. Shit, I think.

Cory: wanna hang out later
Me: not really
Cory: what's wrong
Me: Reed has me on washing duty

"Who are you texting?" Dylan asks.

"Reed. He's just checking up on me."

Cory: aw poor you *sad emoji*
Me: yeah
Me: I'll make up for it
Me: I promise
Cory: okay

===

Hello humans of the Internet world. I hope you liked this chapter. It really isn't done, it continues in the next chapter. That chapter won't be posted until this chapter gets at least 7 views, 2 votes and 1 comment. So you'll be waiting a while.