1.5

November 14th

You have three people on birthdays. Your friends. When they see you they say happy birthday and move on. Your best friends. When you see them they sing the happy birthday song and hug you. But then there's Bella...

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPYYYY BIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRTTTTTHHHDAAAAAAAAYYYY!" Bella runs into my room and jumps on my bed.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. You look like a monkey and you smell like one too!" Bella sings of key (on purpose).

"Who's eighteen, you're eighteen. Who's eighteen you're eighteen. Well you're not eighteen till 5:42 tonight but nobody else knows this." Bella says really fast.

"Two eighteen year olds go shopping. Let's do it. Why aren't you out of bed yet? Get out of bed. Now! Move lady move move move!"

"No." I moan turning my pillow over my head and changing my position in bed.

"CHARLOTTE JENNA SEASON! Get out of bed! We are going into town. Just you and me."

"But I don't want to." Bella takes the sheets of my bed and pulls my arm. "Get the fuck up because you are coming with me."

***

"You know what's funny. Last week was my year anniversary with Cory and Dylan has been hanging out with me for four months." I laugh. Correcting, you've been dating Dylan for four months. Bella and I stopped at the food court in the mall. Did I actually count the amount of days Dylan and Charlie have been dating, not really.

"I don't want to end it with either of them. But I feel like its going to happen either way. Like this feeling." I add.

"A feeling?" Bella repeats.

"Nothing goes right on my birthday Bella. There's always something. One thing that God doesn't want to happen but the universe want it to happen."

"What do you mean?" Bella asks.

"I can't explain it. It just doesn't work out the way I want it to." I sigh.

"Well today, you are getting what you want. A best friend and brother that love and want the best for you."

"You know how I planned to spend my birthday? At home. Watching Netflix and eating."

"You will be eating. And at the end of the night you will thank me."

"Okay." There's a small pause."who did you invite."

"Me, Reed, Cory and Dylan."

"Dylan!"

"But. But, but, but. You can easily hide because its at the fair on a Saturday night. It'll be packed. So you don't have to see either of them."

"Cory and Dylan!"

"I can't not invite them."

"This is why I didn't want a party."

"It'll be okay. You'll be fine."

***

Somehow, Bella convinced me to come to my own party. When Bella came to pick me up, I wasn't dressed.

"What are you wearing?"

"Sweats." I answer stuffing my face with popcorn.

"No. Not to the fair you aren't."

"Yeah. Its my party. I'll wear whatever the hell I want to." I stick my tongue out at Bella.

"I agree. You just won't wear that. Fix your hair, look like you actually want to be there."