1.3

A couple days after my parents visit my mom decided to visit again. Except Bella wasn't with me this time.

"Charletta!" My mami sings as she comes into the Coffee House. She's by herself this time.

"What? Is this an occasional thing now?" I ask her. I just got over my feelings and there back.

"I know you don't want me around cariño (honey)--"

"I really don't. Please leave."

"No. I just want to order something. I haven't actually eaten here."

"There's a reason..." I mumble. "What would you like to order?"

"Listen to you. All grown up. Wait. I have to take a picture." A picture? A picture! No hoe!

"No."

"Just one picture."

"I don't even know you."

"Of course you know me I'm you're mami."

"Right now you are a customer and customers don't take pictures of me. May I take your order?"

"A donut and coco." She orders. As I get her food Dylan walks into the house. No. He's not suppose to meet your mom. Cory didn't even meet your mom. Leave!

"Hey Coco." Dylan smiles as I give mami her donut.

"Hey." I answer giving a half smile. I'm guessing Mami sees something because her eyes widen.

"¿Mi Charletta tiene in novio?" She squeals. (My Charlotte has a boyfriend?) Oh my gosh. Mom!

"Mami." I sigh.

"What happening?" Dylan asks.

"Dylan this is Mami, the person who kicked me out nine and a half years ago." I state honestly.

"Oh." He says.

"Ouch." Mami holds her hand over her heart. Then my mom looks at Dylan and scans him.

"Él está caliente." Mami giggles. (He's hot). "Se ve fuerte también." (He looks strong too.)

"Please stop." I face palm myself.

"What's she saying?" Dylan asks.

"Uh...she complimenting you."

"I didn't know you speak Spanish." Dylan raises a brow.

"I understand it more than speak." I say and give Mami her coco. "Bye."

"Hey pretty boy." Mami looks at Dylan. "You break her heart I break your face." *face palm* don't worry mami we have people for that.

"Your mom seems cool." Dylan says after my mom leaves.

"The greatest." I say in a sarcastic voice.

After I long silence Dylan says, "Coco I want you to meet my parents."

What?!?

"Huh?" I ask my eyes nearly coning out of my body.

"I want you to meet my parents." He repeats. What? Parents? No. No. We're not ready.

"Why?"

"I like you a lot, and I think you should meet my parents. I just saw your mom and I know Reed." Dylan explains.

Still in shock I say, "why?" But Dylan just smirks.

"What do I wear? I'm not good with parents hence my own." That's not true, Cory's family loves you. "Dylan I can't meet them today. I'm an emotional mess. What about my hair?"

"I don't know Charlie. Just look good."

***

"Parents? He wants you to meet his parents?" Bella asks as I pace me took eating Pringles. "I cantf meef hif parentfs."

"I know. But it's today Charlie and you have nothing." After arguing over the dress, we settle on my dress that has pockets. Its black and is what Bella calls a pencil dress. It stops above my knees and Bella gets a gold necklace over my neck and it fits me perfectly.

My hair pulled back into a side ponytail with my bangs in the front of my face. "I can't meet his parents."

"Yes you can. You'll be fine." Bella smiles.

"No. Bella. What am I going to say? What if they asked me questions? I can't socialize. Hand me my lays."

"No." Reed yells downstairs saying that Dylan's here.

"Shit Bella. I can't do this. What do I say? Help me. Come with me."

"No. You got this. I trust you."

***

"I remember seeing this car on the second day I meet you. Black is my favorite color. I'm not emo though."

"Yeah." Dylan says them there's a silence. "Are you nervous."

"Yes. What if they don't like me? I'm not a very likable person. My parents didn't like me."

"You said this before Charlie. You'll be fine. My parents are really basic. You'll get along with my mom perfectly fine. She loves to bake."

"Really? That's comforting. What do you want me to do? Talk about sprinkles? How about stickers? Let's have a slumber party." I say sarcastically but Dylan just laughs.

"You'll be fine. My dad probably won't be there because of work and stuff but other than that you'll be fine."

"Fine isn't a good word in my book. Fine isn't a good word at all." I sigh. Dylan puts his left hand on the wheel then takes his right hand and links his fingers with my left hand.

"You'll be great." He says and we reach the house. He gets out of the car and I open the car door on my own because I know he'll want to be a gentleman.

"I was going to open the door for you."

"I know." I answer. Dylan, like Cory, lives in the fancy neighborhood. No apartments on top of shops. They have a legit house.

As soon as we get out, we're greeting by Dylan's mom coming out of the house in a white apron and blue maxi dress.

"Dylan my baby." She gives Dylan a huge hug. "You must be Charlie. C'mon give me a hug."

"No I don't do hugs."

"Nonsense. C'mon hug me."

"Not a hugger." Despise my rejection, she gives me a hug anyway.

"Oh, we're hugging. Okay you can stop now." Mrs. Simmons smiles and let's go of me.

"Let's go inside. Dinner's almost ready."

We went inside and the table was ready and everything. But that's not the thing I paid the most attention to. When you walk into the house, the entering place is huge. At the top of the house is a chandelier.

"Woah." I say with my eyes nearly coming out of my head. Point one for Dylan. He's rich.

"Please don't let this change our relationship."

"This?"

"The fact my parents have money."

"I really don't care. If you're rich youre rich. I'm not going to treat you any differently. If you somehow break my heart I will snap you like a stick."

"Ouch." Dylan places his handover his heart which makes my grin.

"Dinner's ready!" Dylan's mom squeals. Dylan gives me a 'ready' look and in response I shake my head.

"You'll be fine."

***

Hi! I'm really starting to miss summer. I really don't have anything to say other than I need a ship name for Dylan and Charlie. I also need a ship name for Charlie and Cory.

10-12 views
2-3 votes
1-2 comments