1.0

Yo, we hit 200+ reads. Like damn. Thank you so much. Thank you for reading and voting and shit. Thanks.

***

"Explain to me what happened." Bella says softly. Shes sitting right beside me on my bed.

"He kissed me...sort of." I say.

"Sort of?"

"He kisses my neck up. Soft little kisses. Hot. Our fingers in our left hand were linked together. He gradually went my neck to my jaw line but, stopped right before he reached me mouth."

"Damn." Bella says speechlessly. "That sounds...hot. Damn." *don't believe me just watch*

"Yep and I feel horrible because I wanted him to kiss me, I really did. But I knew he shouldn't. God, I'm a bad person."

"Yeah." Bella agrees and I hit her. "Ow!"

"You're suppose to say 'no you're not.'"

"I'm a straight forward person, you're the sarcastic one."

"What do I do?"

"I broke up with my ex because he was a cheating bastard." Bella reminds me.

"You calling me a cheating bastard?" I am. Cheating bitch.

"No. But you should end it with one if them before a war starts."

"But I like them both. Ugh!" I scream. I put my head in Bella's lap and she plays with my hair.

"Well I see it this way. Break up with one of them or go to a different college than Cory is in."

"We're still going to the same college right?"

"Gurl. I've known you since fourth grade. Who else would I go to college with. We're going to live in the same dorm, graduate, live in the same apartment until we find a husband and our kids will be best friends."

"You thought this through didn't you?"

"Of course I did." Bella says and I laugh. I love her.

***
I'm very paranoid the next morning. I'm very touchy about who's touching me. So when Cory touches my shoulder, I jumped like he was a serial killer wishing to kill me.

"You okay babe?" He asks as he touches my shoulder again.

"Mhm." I answer and give a fake smile. So many thoughts swarming through my head. Dylan's sort of kiss, Cory worried that I'm cheating on him. Because you are. Right. I admit it, I'm cheating. It doesn't hit you that you're cheating until you get kissed by a boy that's allowed to drink and wants to be a doctor. Let's not forget he smokes.

"What's swarming through your head." Cory asks me.

"Whether I should eat Pringles or Lays." I answer truthfully. I have a basket filled with chips in my body size locker. Third compartment.

"I don't believe you." Cory says.

"Me neither. I'll eat skittles." I go to my basket and pull out my rainbow candy. I eat when I'm stressed.

"What'd you say to her?" Bella asks as she see's me eating skittles.

"Nothing." Cory admits. Bella knows me well enough to know I bake pretzels when I'm stressed and eat Pringles, lays and skittles. Skittles mean I'm extremely stressed. Like last year's EOC exam for algebra 2. Hell. I went through a giant tub of skittles.

"Okay." Bella says not believing Cory and taking the skittles away from me.

The bell for homeroom rings so Cory waits until I finish the skittle I was eating, wraps his hands around my waist and kisses me on the lips.

"See you at lunch?"

"Okay."

There was a sort if spark.
***

"Coco!" A famaliar voice yells as I penny through the park.

"Coco!" I yells again.

"Go home Roger!" I scream back riding faster so he doesn't catch up with me. Unfortunately, he's fast. So he catches up to me, goes in front of me to stop me which makes me stop (duh) and we fall and roll into the grass.

"You could've asked me to stop." I brush of the grass of my jeans and grab my red beanie from the ground.

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't stop." Dylan says brushing grass off his hair.
"I didn't know you could run."

"I didn't know you could board."

"Well there's a lot you don't know about me okay." Dylan and I help each other up.

"Listen can we talk about..." He trails. I know what he's talking about. The sort of kiss. I put my hand on my arm and rub it.

"I don't," I sigh. "I just really want to ride my board. I don't wanna talk about it."

"It wasn't bad." Dylan scoffs making himself look proud.

"No it was. Was. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." *imma be truthfully honest. I didn't know how to spell the word. I had to google it* Dylan laughs at my Mary Poppins reference.

"Charlie, I'm asking you out on another date." Dylan says running the back of his neck. Say no, and ride away.

"Okay..." No! Bippty Boppty bye!

"Its to see a guy play jazz classics and I want you to come with me." He says. He still hasn't made eye contact.
I love jazz just as much as I love food. Don't get me wrong classical's good too. But my list goes 1.jazz and food, 2. Classical. My love in jazz ranges from Duke Ellington to Charles Mingus. Plus if you live in New Orealns, you live to jazz. Every corner there's a guy with a hat playing a trumpet or saxophone trying to get cash for the transport.

"I'm kind of a geek when it comes to jazz." Dylan says. I didn't realize he was still talking.

"I'll go with you. Only because I love jazz not because of you."

***

Hey guys. I'm so happy. I'm getting positive reflections--if that's the word-- from this book. I love that you guys love it.

10-12 view
2-3 votes
1-2 comments