2.0

"Do you love me?" Dylan's words replay over and over in my head.

"Do you love me?"

I don't know. I'm a girl that just turned eighteen and needs to focus on a college, and her grades, not her love life. I have to help Reed run his shop.

"Do you love me?" His voice won't get out of my head. Its distracting.

Bella sees this and looks at me while we're studying for our test.

"What's on your mind, kid?" Bella asks closing her book.

I run both of my fingers through my hair and sigh because my fingers get tangled.

"Dylan's voice." I answer and Bella raises her eyebrows.

"Should I be worried?" Bella asks.

"Probably." I sigh. "Yesterday, all Dylan wanted to do was kiss me and ignore the fact that he said I love you. But I can't. His voice replays in my head 'do you love me?" I explain to Bella and she shivers.

"What?" I ask.

"It's just weird, hearing you talk about love and stuff."

"True." I answer and put my head on her shoulders. "You're an awesome friend, putting up with my shit."

"Your shit is my shit."

***

Today's a day of trying new things. I decide to talk to my mom. Right now, I need a mother's advice and it has to be my own.

As I walk closer to the fair, I'm regretting going but I don't want to turn back.

I actually was going to turn back until I heard, "Charletta?"

"Mami?" I respond and my mom is hesitant to hug me but I embrace her in a hug anyway. And for some reason, I. start crying which makes my mom hug me even tighter.

After crying my heart out (again), Mami gets me a pretzel and I explain to her what's happening.

"Te amo?" Mami asks.

"Yes, Mami, I love you."

"The nerve of that guy."

"Thank you!"

I tell her about how we met again in the alley and he didn't care whether or not I loved her, he just wanted to kiss me.

"Did he?"She asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Was it good?"

"Mami!"

"I'm just asking." She's quiet. "Was it though?"

"It was alright."

"Magical."

"Yeah." I smile.

"Awwww, look at your face. You're blushing."

"Am not, you can't even tell that I'm blushing."

"A mother always knows."

I then tell her about Dylan's voice replaying in my head.

"Okay, I'm getting that you like this kid, really like him. But you don't want to think about whether or not you love him."

"Exactly."

"Although you might, you're not going to go through that part of your brain."

"Thank you." Mami's quiet and then she looks at me.

"Listen, at your birthday, your dad and I wanted to give you this." Mami pulls a box out of her pocket.

"It was suppose to be for your quinceanera...or your sweet 16...but..."

"I understand Mami." I nod my head.

In the box, are two smaller boxes. She opens it to show a ring with a small red emerald.

"Oh my gosh, Mami, it's beautiful." Mami chuckles and puts the ring on my left finger.

She then goes into her purse and pulls out another box which holds a tiara.

"Mami, you just have these in your bag?"

"No, I just had a sense that you'd come today. A mom thing."

"Thank you so much." I smile and give her a hug.

"Happy 10 years of a belated birthday. Sorry." I don't let go of my mom's hug. There's just something warm about a mom's hug that just makes you want to stay there forever.

"I have your quinceanera dress at home. You have to try it on."

"I will but can you bring it to the Coffee House instead?"

"My love, it's a big ass dress."

"Bring it anyway."

"Okay. Give me three hours."

"Okay."

***

aw, a Season family reunion. *cries* no seriously guys I almost cried writing this.

where's the dad, i dont know yet.

be sure to vote, comment and follow me on wattpad and sm if you haven't done so.

tumblr and Twitter: wattxna

5-7 reads
1-2 votes
1-2 comments