1.4

"So Charlie. Tell us about yourself." Dylan's dad says. Don't mention the fact that's your cheating or your parents or anything that could affect us.

"Okay. Dylan probably told you this but I love to bake." I say.

"He did." Dylan's mom nods.

"I'm also a complete geek. I love Doctor Who, food, jazz, and food." Mr. And Mrs. Simmons laugh. I half smile. Dylan rubs my hand under the table. "I'm also a tomboy."

"You didn't want to wear a dress did you?" Mrs. Simmons asks.

"Not at all. But I'm meeting somebody's parents so I thought it was appropriate." Mrs. Simmons smiles. They smile too much.

After dinner, I helped Mrs. Simmons with the dishes.

"I like you Charlie. You make my Dylan really happy." She says.

"Thank you?" I don't know how to respond. There's a silence but then Mrs. Simmons slices it.

"Kissed him yet?" She says out of nowhere.

"M'am?"

"Plan on having sex."

"What?" Damn she made a complete u-turn. Took the car and went Fast and Furious up on you. Shoop.

"Simple questions Charlie, I want the best for my Dylan." Damn. "Do you smoke or drink."

"Miss, I'm not allowed to drink. I'm seventeen, turning eighteen in a few months." You're son smokes though. "No, I don't smoke. No, we haven't kissed. And no, I don't plan on having sex until I'm married."

"Such a good girl." She pats my head. This bitch. DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR HO UNLESS YOU WANNA FIGHT!

"Thank you?"

***

After everything, Dylan drives me home. "You're mom asked me if we planned on having sex."

"She did?" Dylan laughs. "She probably asked if we kissed yet."

"She did. 'I only want the best for my Dylan'" I repeat.

"I'm sorry. She does that. She's a huge embarrassment. God, I'm sorry." Dylan gives himself a face palm while keeping his other hand on the wheel.

Instead of driving straight home, we went to the park. (Its 9:30 by the way).
"I don't even know if I have anymore questions to asks you."

"I do. How is your doctor training going?"

"Hard. But it fun you know. My professor's cool. Question."

"Answer." I smirk at my stupid response.

"What do you plan on doing for your birthday?"

"Mmm. I'm not big on birthdays. I can just go to the movies and eat popcorn all day."

"But you're legal. Buy something online."

"I don't have a credit card. I save my money. What do you plan on doing for my birthday?"

"Well you sure as hell are not going to spend your birthday at the movies with me. And even if we go to the movies you'll want to sit in the front."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." There's an awkward silence. "Why aren't you big on birthdays?"

"Long story short, my parents never came to my birthday parties every time I invited them. So I just stopped liking birthdays and birthday parties. So don't throw me one."

***

"I'm throwing you a party!" Bella screeches when I come home.

"No. No, no, no! I don't like birthdays. Please don't. I don't have any friends so it won't even be special."

"That's not true you have Cory, me, Reed, Dylan...."

"Cory and Dylan can't be in the same place. See I have no friends. Other than you of course."

"What of we have it at the fair? So it seems like you know people."

"I hate people."

"C'mon Charlie. Its your eighteenth birthday. You're legal! This one you have to celebrate. And we're also celebrating your 21st."

"No. No more birthdays." Bella puts on a puppy dog face and I sigh. "This is the last birthday I'm celebrating."

"Yay!"

***

"Wtf Tyna, why the short chapter?" Because I have something planned for the next chapter and when you read it you'll go "oh my gosh no!" (Don't spoil it Sarah).

Did you miss inner Charlie? She's coming back twice as big next chapter. *this will not be the end of the book* 

10-11 views
2-3 votes
1-2 comments