1.2

9 1/2 years ago

I heard the front door slam with a big thud. "CECILA! Where is that fucking
child!" My dad screams.

"I don't know Brian. Maybe she's upstairs." My mother answered. I heard my fathers foot steps stomp up the stairs and my heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. He kicks my door open.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THIS DAMN SKATEBOARD?!?" He screams. I held my teddy bear bear tight.

"Its a penny board daddy." I corrected

"Don't talk. Never talk while I'm talking." He grabs my arm puts my penny board in hand. "This is the last time."

He pulled out a suitcase out of my closet and quickly picked my clothes out of my drawers and didn't even fold it before he put it in the suitcase. Five minutes later my suitcase is packed. He puts my teddy bear in my hand along with my penny board as he rushed me downstairs.

"What are you doing?" Mami asked as she took a bug gulp of vodka.

"She's leaving." Dad growls.

"Where is she going? It's nearly ten." Mami was supporting me or at least I thought.

"I don't fucking care." Dad answered. His hand tearing my arm apart.

"Mami." I say as tears fall down my eyes. She goes into the kitchen and comes back with an apple.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out Charletta." Drunkenly, my mom tosses me the apple and the age of eight I was kicked out. I walked down the street to my baby sitter. I knocked on the door until he came down and opened it.

"Charlie. Its ten what happened." He asked.

"Mami and daddy don't want me anymore." I point to my suitcase and he embraces me into a hug. He brought me inside and made me hot coco. The next day we went to the court house and he adopted me. My baby sitter became my new "dad" but I called him my brother.

***

Present day

The female then smiles and says:

"Charlotte my nína." She embraces me but I don't hug back.

"Mami we don't sell liquor that's a couple blocks down." (I don't want to call her by her first name. She is still my mother.) I pry myself away from the hug. I look at Bella and she looks at me with pitiful eyes. 'Don't leave me.' I mouth and she nods her head.

"I didn't come here from liquor baby." My mom's Hispanic accent is so rich. I don't miss it though. "I don't drink anymore." Sure. Okay. "We came to see you." I look at my dad and he smiles I then look at Reed. He looks at them with hate. I hate them too.

"What? You came to see me? ITS KINDA LATE FOR THAT. You had nine and a half years. Almost ten. You can leave. " Tears well in my eyes. I'm not an emotional person.

"Honey we're sorry." My dad says.

"No. No. No. No. You packed my bags, you gave me an apple. A FUCKING APPLE. If anything I would've thought that this was Snow White and you were trying to fucking  poison me. Might as well have been. " I swear.

"Don't swear." Dad scorns.

"I don't take instructions from you anymore. If you could please leave. No. Stay. I'll leave." I grab my penny board and my backpack (it has food) and ride out the store.

I ride to the park and find a tree to rest on. You'd think I hadn't eaten for days. I much on so many lays and Pringles and Doritos.

"Charlie?" Bella runs after me and prys the Pringles away from my hand.

"Leave me alone to eat in piece. I'll be a fat Charlie. Leave me alone." I take the Pringles back.

"Wanna talk about it?" Bella asks as she takes my head and places it in her shoulder.

"They think that they can just come here and take me back. Like I'm a prize that they can accept after nine years." I laugh. I really don't cry much. When you get kicked out you try to be non emotional.

"It sucks." Bella says. "Like what did they expect you to do. 'Mami, Daddy! I miss you guys so much. Te amo mami. Let's go home.' What the fuck." I chuckle. Bella always manages to make me laugh.

"I'm saying." I stuff chips into my mouth. "What do I do?"

"You could hide out here until they leave. Hide in the alley. You could come to my place." Bella suggests.

"No Bella. I only know a little bit of Spanish. I stopped trying to speak it when I was nine."

"Nah it'll be fine."

"No. I'll stick with my Pringles and sneak upstairs using to back entrance."

***

About an hour later, Bella left and I walked slowly to the Coffee House.

"Charlie?" That's not Dylan's voice, not Reed's...

"Cory." I smile and give him a hug. I didn't even realize I took the long way home. The long way home has the fancy houses (the houses that aren't on top of shops).

"You wanna come inside?" Cory asks and I nod my head.

"CARLY!" Lilly screams as she runs into my arms.

"Hey baby." I give her a huge hug. When I'm done hugging, she still hugs me. "How are you?"

"Good. I can count to twenty. Wanna see?" She screams.

"No, it's ok--"

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5,..." She counts.

"Charlie how unexpected. How've you been dear?"

"Great." I smile (a fake one but a smile).

"9, 10, 11, 12, 13..."

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" Cory's mom asks and I shake my head.

"No I'm just passing through."

"16,19, 20! See Carly!" She cheers and I give her a high five even though she skipped numbers. I stayed by Cory for a good ten minutes and then left. I reached the Coffee House right before closing.

"Oh my gosh Charlie." Reed embraces me in a hug. "I was just about to call the police."

"I took the long way home." (Waddup 5sauce reference) I answer putting my penny board down behind the counter. "You know what I wanna make? Cinnamon buns. How would you like cinnamon buns. I want cinnamon buns."

"No Charlie get out the kitchen. Making angry food is not the solution." He's right cinnamon is my "angry food".

"But I want...sleep, and food, and, and...a shoulder." I lean on Reed and bust into tears. It felt like years of tears being poured out. At nine I hid emotions because I knew my parents were not coming back. (I realized that I said that Charlie was eight when she got kicked out and she was so excuse if every now and then I say nine instead of eight)

Reed pats my back and holds me. This is too much emotion for one day. You should've stuck being a Cyber Man.

***

Hi! Too much emotion for one chapter *faints*. I told you guys you'd get to know Charlie's background. Dylan fans I'm sorry you didn't get in this chapter.

But...vote and comment.

9-11 views
2-3 votes
1-2 comments