0.9

"Explain to me why I'm here." I say to Cory as we enter into Target.

"I just want to go into Target and--" I stop Cory before he says anything else.

"I'll go get pads for Jasmine as long as you can get me cinnamon and food." I say and kiss Cory on the cheek as we go separate ways into the big red store. After I pick up the pads I to the cooking section to see my worse nightmare.

DYLAN AND CORY WERE HAVING A CONVERSATION (it may have been about cooking, BUT STILL.) "Oh hey Charlie." Dylan says and my heart stops.

"Wait? You know Charlie?" Cory asks and raises a bow.

"Char--" I stop Dylan before he can add.

"This is Reed's friends. The guy I was telling you about, Cory. And Dylan this is my partner." I say slowly. What is breathing. Like oxygen isn't even helping me right now.

"Partner. That's a weird way to put it." Cory laughs. I laugh awkwardly.

"Yeah. Okay, thank you Dylan. We will be leaving. Bye." Cory nods his head to Dylan and leaves, but I stay because he forgot the cinnamon. He had the food but he forgot the cinnamon!

"Partner. Should I be worried?" Dylan asks as he tries to grab my hand but, I take my hand back.

"No." I put my hand on my arm and rub it. It's kind of the thing I do when I'm nervous. "I-I just need to get cinnamon."

"You know Coco, you surprising me at my job is sexy." Dylan bites his lower lip.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! Not here. I'll talk to you later. Maybe. I don't know." I walk out the baking section with the cinnamon.

***
"Oh no, you're in the alley." Reed says as he comes into the alley in which I an sitting in. "You never come into the alley unless you're upset about something."

"I'm not upset about anything. Honestly, I perfectly fine. Funny thing. Today I saw Cory and Dylan laughing and my heart stopped. I didn't even think that would happen."

"Well when you're a cheater..." Reed trails and I slap him on the arm.

"Don't you have a store to watch over." I laugh and Reed kisses me on the forehead.

A few minutes after Reed left, Dylan comes right next to me. We're silent for a long amount of time, but it wasn't awkward it was a good silence.

Dylan moves his body towards me so that I can feel his chest rise on my back. He takes his fingers and intertwines my fingers with his. So many thoughts come to my head at this moment. Your hand is  small compared to his. This shouldn't be happening. What if somebody sees me? What is he trying to do? If he's trying to hug me he's falling.

"What are you doing?" I ask but he doesn't answer. He presses his lips to my neck, eight before my neck reaches my collar bone. Then, he softly kisses my neck each kiss beside each other.

"Dylan..." I groan or was it a moan. Gromoan?

"Mmm?" He says in response while his lips are still on my neck. I can feel the corner of his mouth rise as he smirks. He smirks too much.  He moves from my neck to my jaw line. Soft, small, kisses.

"Dylan..." I trail as I moan (or groan. Mogroan?) Dylan takes his remaining hand and wraps it around my waist. No, no, no, no. Stop it. Stop him.

He moves from my jawline to the corner of my mouth and stops. Part me wanting his to continue to my lips but the sensible side of me was mad at me for nor stopping his when he linked our fingers.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask in confusion. Why'd you do that? Really? How about *slap* HOW FUCKING DARE YOU?

"Looked like you needed cheering up. Sitting in an alley eating a Twizzler isn't going to help you with whatever problem is going on." He says. I look down at our linked fingers and look up at Dylan.

"I should get up. My hair's probably in the way of your....face." I say as I try to get up but Dylan pulls me down

"I don't mind." Dylan smirks and inches his face towards mine. Distraction. Distraction. How about you just stop him. His face comes closer and closer.

"I'm going into the house." I say as I unlinked me fingers and get up. "I can make you some coffee."

"...Okay." Dylan says. I can tell he's hurt. Believe me I really want to kiss you too.

***

What a short chapter. One of my shortest might I add. The tension between Dylan and Charlie is intense. I mean with Dylan sort of kissing Charlie and ish. Oh the feels, the FEELS!

Im glad you guys like the book. So tell me which team you're on Dylan or Cory (I'm pretty sure most of you are on Dylan but it's good to know)

12-13 views
2-3 votes
1-2 comments