Duty-Bound!OgCale.

Yes, another Honkai idea, deal with it.

Basically, OgCale as Fu Hua. 50k years of angst!!!

But a bit different.

Had to do it cuz of the 7.2 trailer for Fenghuang of Vicissitude. I want to pull for her ;w;

But damn I want to get HoFi's signature weapon... I just got her during the time my stuff was confiscated-

***

There was once a man with the blood of a phoenix. He who lives again and again. Through death, he reincarnates through the cycle of flames..

He belonged to a group of misfits, a group of unlikely people who became guardians over humanity. Some were living normal lives, some had a vision, and some wanted to eradicate the very thing that took away their peaceful lives.

Cale was a man who lived peacefully. Yet, he became vengeful after the "Tragedy" occurred. Though they were at odds with each other, they stayed dutiful.

He who lives in solitude and tranquility is superior in martial prowess. His fists strike strong, his leg work swings for fury.

Among the group, Cale was the most dutiful among them. After the "Tragedy," Cale became a very serious man. He wasn't laughing much, he always saw a celebration as a waste of time when he could be out there, performing his duty.

And that was Cale's regret. He didn't relished his time with the others. The time of Doom was upon them. The guardians fought hard til their last breath, yet they perished. Cale, at that time, was filled with dread and despair, he was fallen behind when it happened. He survived among them, and he was alone to fight against the facilitator of Doom.

It was a long and hard battle, but Cale did it. He won. But at what cost? The loss of his comrades? No, the lives of many? How pathetic he was. He failed yet again to protect something. 

Cale laid on the ground, panting heavily in exhaustion. His eyes are lifeless, all light is gone. His entirety filled with emptiness.

The phoenix clenched his fists in a weak manner. With scorching fury filling within him, he swore to eradicate all things that threatens humanity, for the sake of all.

Despite his emptiness and yearning for rest, he continued living for years. Watching over the mortal world, all alone. Nearly every mortal lauded him as an ethereal being, a cold empyrean who safeguards them.

Friendships are fleeting for an immortal like Cale, he doesn't want to see anymore of those he cherished to die in front of him. So he closed his heart off for the sake of it.

He was a protector, yet he started to have doubts. He was once a part of Humanity, and yet why is Humanity causing its own downfall? Why is it trying to destroy itself? Cale had stopped many beings from destroying mankind, yet people themselves also seek destruction. Why? Why when many simply want to live? Why when it is a foolish goal? Why... 

At some point, Cale lost his faith in mankind. He fulfilled his duty with no emotions whatsoever, he kept the world from falling apart. Yet he wasn't able to notice someone planning the world's destruction... and that person was the one who killed Cale many times in the shadows. He also befriended Cale... only to shatter him further.

Betrayal, deceptions, deceit... 

Cale endured all those darkness within the human heart. His faith disappearing.

That was until a transmigrator intervened.

That transmigrator is Kim Rok Soo.

***

Rok Soo basically restored Cale's faith in humanity. He can't empathize with Cale's 50k long years of suffering, but there are a few things he empathize with.

His loneliness.
His emptiness.
His loss of those dear to him.
His loss of faith in something.
His regrets.
His fear o f getting attached to someone.

Cale is a boomer at heart. He's too old to be angry anymore.

Eruhaben would likely be very respectful to Cale, being someone who lived for 50k years. He might even want to learn Cale's wisdom throughout his life.

Sorry if this is short-

Got lazy (●ˇ∀ˇ●)