♪ Chapter 1 ♪

Being the only introvert of the group was a pain

Being the only introvert of the group was a pain. Although Yunchae had managed to arrive on time for once, she found herself sitting there, utterly bored, while her fellow group members were engaged in conversations with other idols in the hallway.

Unlike her group members, who seemed to effortlessly connect with idols from SM groups and staff, Yunchae preferred to steer clear of social interactions.

Her exclusive circle included only her group members, and Jimin and Minjeong from Aespa, who had managed to catch her off guard and start a conversation with her first. Unfortunately, the two were busy at the moment, leaving Yunchae on her own.

Despite the best efforts of her group members to encourage her to talk with others, Yunchae went out of her way to avoid socialising. It was just awkward. The thought of interacting with unfamiliar faces seemed daunting.

As Yunchae sat there, idly twirling a strand of her hair, she couldn't help but wonder why she was the only introvert in the group. Would it be different if she found it easier to socialise or if there was another member in the group like her?

Lost in her contemplation, Yunchae was interrupted by her members gradually joining her for practice. First to join her was Kyohee, the leader of the group, who offered Yunchae a warm smile.

"Hey, Yunnie! What's on your mind?" Kyohee inquired, taking a seat beside her.

Yunchae shrugged, attempting to downplay her inner thoughts. "Oh, nothing much. Just thinking, you know."

Kyohee chuckled, understanding that Yunchae was often lost in her thoughts. "Well, if you ever want to share, I'm here. But hey, practice is about to start. Let's get ready!"

As they started chatting, Seoyeon walked in, grinning at the scene. She plopped down on the other side of Yunchae, giving her a playful back hug.

"What are today's wonderful thoughts, Yunchae?" Seoyeon teased, earning a playful nudge from Kyohee.

Blushing, Yunchae felt a sense of comfort with her members around. "Just wondering what it would be like if I was more social."

Before Seoyeon could respond, Chiyo made a grand entrance, twirling into the room. "Did someone say social? You should know that's my middle name. Is my dear Yunchae feeling the need to be more social?"

Laughter filled the room as Xia burst in, wrapping her arms around Yunchae and tackling her to the ground. "Awww, my poor baby!" she exclaimed, causing everyone to burst into giggles.

However, the laughter was short lived as Soonhee, their dance instructor, walked in. She was the life of the party most of the time, but when it came to practice, she was as strict and as stern as a drill sergeant.

The room quickly hushed as Soonhee entered, her expression transitioning from a cheerful smile to a no-nonsense demeanour.

"All right, enough chit-chat, my lovely group. We've got work to do," Soonhee announced, clapping her hands to signal the start of the practice.