♪ Chapter 22 ♪

Donghyuck's impatience grew by the second

Donghyuck's impatience grew by the second. It was evident in the rhythmic tapping of his foot against the apartment floor. Each tap echoed through the room, a clear indication of his frustration. His restlessness was shown, and it was beginning to annoy the other members who were waiting with him.

"Will you stop?" Jaehyun finally spoke up, his tone laced with annoyance as he turned to face Donghyuck.

If they hurry up," Donghyuck retorted.

"Why are you in such a rush? Normally, you're the last to get ready," Johnny inquired, his voice calm as he adjusted his tie.

"Because we're going to be late! Yunchae and her members should already be there!" Donghyuck replied, irritation filling his tone.

"Yunchae and her members?" Jaehyun repeated, raising an eyebrow as he caught onto Donghyuck's choice of words, causing a faint blush to appear on Donghyuck's cheeks.

"I should've gone with dream," Donghyuck muttered, sinking onto the couch in defeat.

"Yunchae and her members?" Jaehyun persisted, exchanging a knowing glance with Johnny as they sat on either side of Donghyuck.

"Does Hyuckie have a crush?" Johnny teased a playful smirk.

"What!? No! I don't! Yunchae and I are friends! Hear me, you deaf idiots!? FRIENDS! I'm waiting outside! Tell the others to hurry up!" Donghyuck exclaimed, his frustration reaching its peak as he dramatically stormed out of the room.

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Jungwoo's voice chimed in earning a wry smile from Johnny and Jaehyun as they exchanged amused glances.

♪♪♪

Donghyuck's eyes scanned the room, his focus honed in one one person in particular, searching the crowd for them.

"What time do you-?" Taeyong began, but his words trailed off as he watched Donghyuck walk away, his attention fully captured by something—or rather, someone—else.

Rolling his eyes at the youngest member's antics, Taeyong sighed before turning to Doyoung for an answer. Meanwhile Johnny and Jaehyun exchanged smirks, silently observing Donghyuck's movement as he made his way toward Jisung and Yunchae. Mark, on the other hand, remained confused, his gaze darting between Jaehyun and Johnny.

As Donghyuck approached Jisung and Yunchae, he couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy gnawing at him. Despite him and Yunchae just being friends, the sight of Jisung and Yunchae together still stirred something in him.

"Hey, what's up?" Donghyuck greeted, trying to sound nonchalant as he joined the conversation.

Yunchae brightened up at his arrival, giving him an authentic smile. "Hey, Donghyuck. Did you just get here?"

"Yeah, we just arrived," Donghyuck replied, forcing a smile as he tried to shake off the feeling of unease creeping over him.

Jisung nodded in acknowledgment, before speaking. "Hey, Donghyuck. How's it going? You should come to the dream dorm again soon."