♪ Chapter 4 ♪

Yunchae felt her eyes closing as she sat in the bright room, waiting for their manager, Mijoo, to arrive

Yunchae felt her eyes closing as she sat in the bright room, waiting for their manager, Mijoo, to arrive. However, the uncomfortable chair she was sitting on prevented her from doing so.

"Thanks for waiting, girls," Mijoo expressed as she walked in.

Mijoo walked to the front of the room before connecting her laptop to the TV.

"Since we are nearing debut, I think it's time for another briefing session," Mijoo explained.

The five girls seated exchanged glances, wondering how long they would be here for.

"Okay, so, the company is hoping you can debut on the 21st of August," Mijoo noted, pointing out the date on the calendar.

"21st!? That's less than a month away," Kyohee exclaimed.

"That's why we need to be efficient! Plus, you guys have been training as a group for a while now," Mijoo remarked.

"This is the final version of the title track," Mijoo continued, pressing the play button.

Yunchae had heard this song before, the whole group had. They had been practicing the choreography to it for a while, but the lyrics were still a work in progress. To say the group was impressed with the final version would be an understatement. 

"So our concept is going to be girl crush?" Chiyo questioned after the song ended.

"Kind of. It's like girl crush mixed with emotional pop," Mijoo explained.

"I'm kinda vibing with it. What do you think?" Kyohee asked Seoyeon, Xia, Chiyo, and Yunchae.

"I personally love it," Yunchae agreed. 

"I agree, I think it fits our group," Seoyeon added.

"Same," Xia nodded.

"I like it too!" Chiyo added.

"Then it's settled," Mijoo smiled, moving onto the next thing.

After a few more hours of intense discussions, Mijoo finally dismissed the girls, granting them a well-deserved break for lunch.

"I can't believe they are debuting us so soon!" Seoyeon exclaimed, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Tell me about it! We've been training as a group for what feels like forever, and now it's happening with such short notice!" Chiyo added, her enthusiasm matching Seoyeon's.

"At least we'll be able to attend SMCU," Kyohee announced, trying to focus on the positive aspects of their impending debut.

"What!?" Xia and Yunchae both questioned, although Yunchae was visibly in shock, and Xia appeared thrilled by the news.

"I swear if SM wants one of us to collab with someone else, I'm sacrificing you guys," Yunchae admitted, twirling a piece of her hair. 

"Is that Wayv?" Xia teased, prompting Yunchae's eyes to dart around the hallway in panic.