♪ Chapter 2 ♪

"Just a little more practice, and I think we'll be ready to record

"Just a little more practice, and I think we'll be ready to record. All those years of training have paid off!" Haena announced to the five, who cheered in response.

"Do you have anything you want the girls to work on?" Haena asked Kyohee, who would be the leader of the group.

"Not really... except for being punctual!" Kyohee eyed the youngest three.

Xia, Chiyo, and Yunchae exchanged sheepish glances. Xia technically wasn't a part of the maknae line, but she certainly acted like she was. Meanwhile, Seoyeon just laughed.

"Unless any of you want to stay for some extra practice, I'm getting rid of you early," Haena teased.

"Really!?" Yunchae and Chiyo exclaimed, their eyes lighting up with excitement at the thought of free time.

"Really," Haena confirmed with a nod and a small smile.

"We'll see you tomorrow then!" Seoyeon smiled.

"See you all bright and early tomorrow! Bye!" Haena bid farewell.

"Bye Haena!!" All five of them chorused, their tones laced with gratitude.

"Yunchae, want to play games with me when we get to the dorm?" Chiyo asked, excitedly.

"Actually, I might stay back a bit. I want to try a random dance. And, I also want to meet up with Minjeong and Jimin," Yunchae said, explaining her plans.

"You sure?" Seoyeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Definitely," Yunchae smiled, the anticipation evident in her eyes.

"We'll meet you at the dorms later then?" Xia asked, seeking confirmation.

"Yep!"

"Okay..." Kyohee trailed off, uncertain about leaving Yunchae alone.

Kyohee had basically see Yunchae grow. From when Yunchae joined SM as a 16 year old to now. 

The rest paused, waiting for Kyohee to finish. However, they were all caught off guard when Kyohee ran up to Yunchae, hugging the life out of her.

"Be safe!"

"Dude. I will. I'm literally just staying at the company for an extra hour or two. I'm not going bear hunting," Yunchae deadpanned.

"Still," Kyohee insisted, holding onto Yunchae for a moment longer before reluctantly letting go.

"They grow up so fast," Kyohee said, pretending to wipe a tear.

"I'm 21 this year," Yunchae stated, playfully rolling her eyes.

As the others left the company to head to the dorms, Yunchae made her way to one of the practice rooms. She found an empty one and decided to use it for the time being.