♪ Chapter 14 ♪

After that embarrassing encounter, Yunchae felt like avoiding NCT Dream for life

After that embarrassing encounter, Yunchae felt like avoiding NCT Dream for life. However, luck, as usual, wasn't on her side. But then again, when is it ever? She was starting to believe that luck had something against her when she felt someone hug her from behind.

"Jisung told me what happened earlier! Ignore these idiots!" A familiar voice exclaimed.

"I'm not an idiot! And get off her! I want to hug her!" Another voice argued.

Yunchae's lips curled into a smile as Donghyuck desperately tried to peel Jia off her.

"Go hug your boyfriend!!" Donghyuck groaned, gesturing to Mark who was talking to Renjun and Jaemin.

"You know what, we should go on a girls date," Jia stated, ignoring Donghyuck.

"A girls date?" Yunchae questioned.

Jia nodded in affirmation.

"Anyway, I'm so sorry on behalf of the dreamies. Half of them don't know the definition of the word 'nice,'" Jia apologised.

"It's all good. I was just really embarrassed," Yunchae replied, trying to downplay the awkward situation.

"Well, you don't have to be. The dreamies have embarrassed themselves countless times. Have I told you how I met Mark?" Jia asked, swinging an arm around Yunchae and walking away with her.

"Mark! Do something! Your girlfriend is stealing my-...!" Yunchae could hear Donghyuck yell.

"You're what!?" Mark questioned, a teasing tone evident as he challenged Donghyuck to finish the sentence.

Jia laughed, not allowing Yunchae to figure out how the conversation ended. She continued walking with Yunchae, offering a sympathetic smile.

"Don't mind them. They're a chaotic bunch of men, but they mean well," Jia assured Yunchae.

As Jia began recounting the story of how she met Mark, Yunchae had no choice but to interrupt.

"I'm so sorry, but I have practice. I'll see you around though?" Yunchae apologised..

"You will! Good luck! I'm stealing your phone number from Donghyuck by the way," Jia exclaimed with a mischievous grin.

"He doesn't have my phone number," Yunchae pointed out, realising the two hadn't had a chance to exchange numbers yet.

"Yet! Here, give me yours and then I'll send it to him as well," Jia suggested, but it was clear it wasn't a question.

Even though Yunchae was running late for practice, she willingly shared numbers with Jia before sprinting towards the practice room.

"Tch. Look who's here now. Late again," Kyohee scoffed in mock disapproval.

"Sorry, I was talking with Jia," Yunchae explained as she entered the room.

"Jia!! My favourite Australian!" Xia exclaimed, her face lighting up.

"Isn't she the only Australian you know?" Seoyeon questioned with a perplexed look.

"Shh," Xia giggled, putting a finger over her lips, signalling Seoyeon to overlook the minor detail.

"Aren't you guys excited for debut? It's less than a week away!" Chiyo exclaimed, bouncing up and down.

"Excited, definitely. But I'm also really nervous," Yunchae admitted, finding a spot on the floor and sitting down.

"Mhm. We also need to put all the effort in practice and finalise everything. We have a performance video recording in two days," Kyohee added, reminding them of the upcoming schedule.

The mention of the performance video and debut reminded Yunchae of her desire to perfect every single detail. After all, debut only happens once, and she wanted it to be flawless. However, she remembered that some idols have multiple debuts, whether in different groups, sub units, or even become solo artists.

Soonhee soon entered the practice room with a determined expression, interrupting Yunchae's thoughts. Coming twenty minutes after the scheduled time was a habit Soonhee had developed after having to wait ages for all the members to gather. She gathered everyone's attention with a clap of her hands, signalling the start of practice. 

"Alright, ladies! Less than a week till debut! Do you hear me!? We need to make every moment count. Today's focus is on precision and synchronisation. We need to make sure every move is sharp and every formation is flawless," Soonhee announced, setting the tone for the day's practice.

The group began with warm up exercises to get their bodies ready for the intense choreography. Soon, they moved on to the routine, practising each section repeatedly until it met Soonhee's high standards. The girls were dedicated, pushing themselves to their limits to achieve perfection. 

As the hours passed, fatigue began to set in, but the determination in their eyes remained unwavering. Soonhee pushed them even harder, knowing that the road to debut was not as easy one. Netizens would criticise and nitpick them out even more than a professionally trained dance coach and she didn't want her girls to be the punching bags of 5th Gen. She offered them constructive feedback and encouragement, driving the group to give their best. 

Despite the earlier distractions, Yunchae was fully engaged in practice. She was committed to delivering a stellar performance during the upcoming recording and debut showcase. The pressure was mounting, but she embraced it. 

The practice room echoed with the sound of music and Soonhee's instructions. The girls pushed through exhaustion, continuing to refine their moves. The atmosphere was intense, but the shared goal of a successful debut kept them going. 

As the practice session neared its end, Soonhee gathered the girls for a final pep talk. "You girls are doing great. I can see the progress. I'm confident you'll shine on that stage. Take a short break, and then we'll go through the choreo one more time. Remember, we're aiming for perfection!" 

As the group dispersed for a quick break, catching their breath, Yunchae couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness. The realisation that their debut was just around the corner added to the adrenaline. 

Once they regrouped for the final run through, the music played, and the girls moved with precision, pouring their hearts into every step. Soonhee observed with a satisfied smile, her eyes examining each member. 

The practice session ended on a high note, but the girls were drenched in sweat and just wanted to lie down. Soonhee dismissed the group a few minutes later before leaving to address her other duties. 

First of all, thank you for 1K+ reads!

Secondly, I've added more detail to my plan which is certain to make my life more easier.

This chapter was more of a chill chapter, but I hope you still enjoyed it!