♪ Chapter 16 ♪

The week of rest had flown by swiftly, and before she knew it, Yunchae found herself back in the practice room, ready to resume rehearsals

The week of rest had flown by swiftly, and before she knew it, Yunchae found herself back in the practice room, ready to resume rehearsals. As she stretched, her mind replayed the events of the past week. There had been a considerable number of threats from Minjeong and Ningning, ready to confront whoever was responsible for the set collapse. Yunchae had also received a flood of messages during the week.

She had been added to a group chat that included Dream, Jia, Hayoung, Luqi, and her fellow members. It was... interesting to say the least, yet Yunchae hadn't texted anything after being added. Though that was mainly because Donghyuck, along with the rest of the Dreamies, decided to pay them a visit at the dorms.

As the group stretched, Xia couldn't resist breaking the silence with a playful remark. "So, did anyone else imagine dramatic music playing during the set collapse, or was it just me?"

Seoyeon chuckled, nodding in agreement. "I swear I heard a slow motion 'nooooo' in the background."

Chiyo, the dramatic one, added, "And then, the set fell like a perfectly timed domino effect. It was like we were in a movie!"

Kyohee, rolling her eyes, joined in, "But seriously, who would've thought?'"

Yunchae, giggling, contributed, "Maybe our set just wanted a little attention before the big day. It certainly caused a lot of drama."

The word "drama" sparked an idea, and after a shared look, Yunchae, Xia, and Chiyo broke into a spontaneous rendition of aespa's next comeback title track.

"I bring, I bring all the. Drama-ma-ma-ma. I bring drama-ma-ma-ma. With my girls in the back. Girls in the back. Drama," the trio sang, causing the two oldest to burst out into laughter.

"Are we practising for aespa's comeback or your debut?!" Soonhee laughed, strolling into the practice room.

"Aespa's comeback!" Yunchae jokingly responded.

"Alright then, I'll drop you off at their practice room after practice. Maybe your members will finally have some peace," Soonhee joked back, winking at Kyohee.

"Hey! I'm not annoying!" Yunchae argued, feigning offence at the teasing.

"Never said you were!" Soonhee raised her hands in surrender, the laughter echoing through the room.

As the conversation ended, the group refocused on the practice at hand. Soonhee took a moment to observe the girls before offering a few words of encouragement.

"Alright, let's get down to business. You have a debut to prepare for, drama or not," Soonhee declared, her tone shifting to a more serious note as she set the tone for the upcoming practice.

The music started, and the group seamlessly fell into formation, their movements synchronised as they navigated through the choreography. Despite the setbacks, the atmosphere in the practice room was charged with determination and resilience.