♪ Chapter 3 ♪

"Why are you so red?" Minjeong questioned, raising an eyebrow and giving a teasing smile

"No reason," Yunchae mumbled, attempting to brush off the attention.

"Aww, what a cutie," Jimin cooed, unable to resist, she pinched Yunchae's cheeks, finding the embarrassed reaction utterly adorable.

"Leave the poor girl alone," Minjeong laughed, swatting away Jimin's hand.

"Have you had dinner yet?" Jimin asked Yunchae.

"No, not yet," Yunchae answered.

"Then let's go! I know a nice Korean BBQ restaurant nearby," Minjeong exclaimed, linking her arms with Yunchae and Jimin, cheerfully dragging the two along with her.

As they settled into their seats at the Korean BBQ restaurant, the conversation resumed, not to say it ever ended. 

"I've been craving Korean BBQ all week! What about you, Minjeong?" Jimin exclaimed, the anticipation evident.

Minjeong grinned, "You know me. I'm always up for some good BBQ. What about you, Yunchae?"

Yunchae gave a small smile, "I'm good with whatever."

The waiter took their orders, and soon, the table was adorned with an assortment of mouth watering meats ready for grilling.

As the meat grilled, Jimin leaned in, her eyes gleaming with curiosity. "So, Yunchae, spill the tea. Why were you so red earlier?"

Yunchae's cheeks tinted with a hint of pink. "Don't even. It was so awkward and embarrassing."

"What happened?" Minjeong pressed for details.

Yunchae let out a muffled groan, hiding her face in her hands. "You know Haechan? From NCT? 

"The one who never shuts up?" Minjeong confirmed, recalling the numerous times she found herself stuck in a one sided conversation Haechan. 

Yunchae nodded, a wry smile playing on her lips, "I literally bumped into him in the hallway. Half the time, I didn't know what to say."

Jimin and Minjeong exchanged amused glances before bursting into laughter.

"Come on, it can't be that bad. What did he say?" Jimin prodded, still giggling.

"He mentioned they're excited to meet our group," Yunchae admitted.

Minjeong grinned. "See! That's a good sign! They're looking forward to meeting you."

"But I just want to go to the dorm and play games! I don't want to meet anyone else! You two are enough!" Yunchae groaned.

Jimin and Minjeong exchanged looks of amusement, before bursting out into laughter.

After the older two had a good laugh, Jimin changed the topic, "How's practice going?"

"Pretty good. We are set to debut pretty soon. But the annoying thing is, not even a month after debut, is SMCU!!" Yunchae exclaimed, rolling her eyes at the company's choices.

"What's so bad about that?" Minjeong questioned, a laugh escaping her lip as Yunchae sent her a death glare.

"Hello!? Interactions, collaborations? Hopefully, SM doesn't make me collab with anyone. Well, I don't mind you two, or Giselle, or Ningning, but anyone else," Yunchae shuddered to convey her point.

"I'd rather sacrifice one of my group members instead," Yunchae said, causing the other two to erupt into laughter.

"What!?" Yunchae exclaimed, clueless of why the two seemed like they were dying of laughter.

As Yunchae arrived back at the dorm, the familiar surroundings were comforting after the chaotic dinner with Jimin and Minjeong. The hallway softly echoed with music, signalling that the girls were home.

Entering the living room, Yunchae was greeted by her fellow group members. Kyohee, Seoyeon, Xia and Chiyo were scattered around the room.

Kyohee looked up from her book, offering Yunchae a warm smile. "Hey, how was dinner?"

Yunchae chuckled, recalling the memories and moments at the BBQ restaurant. "It was interesting, to say the least. But I had a lot of fun with Jimin and Minjeong."

Seoyeon inquired with genuine interest, "Oh, how are they doing? It's been a while since we caught up."

"They're doing great, practising hard. Aespa is gearing up for their next comeback which will be a total bop!" Yunchae shared, settling down on the couch.

"That's awesome!" Xia chimed in.

Chiyo nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Aespa songs are amazing!!"

Seoyeon, with a mischievous glint in her eyes, teased Yunchae, "So spill the tea! I heard from a little birdie that something interesting happened after we left?"

Yunchae blushed, feeling the embarrassment creeping back. "Well, umm... I did bump into Haechan in the hallway. It was, uh...awkward."

The room erupted into a mix of gasps, laughter, and exclamations.

"Didn't we bump into Taeyong earlier as well!?" Xia exclaimed.

"Taeyong and Haechan in one day? Are you collecting NCT members or something?" Chiyo joked, earning a playful nudge from Seoyeon.

Yunchae rolled her eyes. "Stop teasing. It was just a coincidence. And no, I'm not collecting anyone."

Kyohee chimed in, "As long as you're not causing trouble or getting into fanfiction like situations, it's all good."

The mention of fanfiction made everyone burst into laughter again, with Yunchae hiding her face in embarrassment.

"Alright, enough about that. Let's focus on bingeing a new kdrama tonight," Kyohee redirected the conversation. 

What are your thoughts so far??

Any recommendations or ideas??