♪ Chapter 29 ♪

As Yunchae stood there, captivated by the city view, she was unaware of Donghyuck's unwavering gaze fixed upon her

As Yunchae stood there, captivated by the city view, she was unaware of Donghyuck's unwavering gaze fixed upon her. His eyes traced her every movement from the gentle sway of her hair to the subtle curve of her lips as she admired the view. It was as if her presence demanded his undivided attention in a way he couldn't quite explain.

Despite the breathtaking view before them, Donghyuck's eyes were focused on the one and only Yunchae. She had a way of lighting up the world around her, illuminating even the darkest corners. And in that moment, she had captured not only his gaze but maybe something else — his heart.

As Donghyuck continued to look at Yunchae, a whirlwind of emotions churned within him. He couldn't deny the warmth that flooded his heart whenever he was around her nor could he ignore the gentle tug.

Lost in his own thoughts, a realisation slowly began to take shape in Donghyuck's mind. Was it possible that he liked Yunchae more than a friend? Was it possible he liked Yunchae romantically? The revelation struck him with the force of a lightning bolt, leaving him momentarily stunned.

However, as he dwelled on the idea, doubts began to creep in. It seemed absurd to entertain the thought of love. Surely Yunchae didn't reciprocate such feelings and he refused to let his emotions spiral out of control. So, he tried to convince himself that his feelings were nothing but a figment of his imagination.

Instead, Donghyuck decided to cherish their friendship and support Yunchae in any way he could. After all, her friendship was precious to him, and he didn't want to mess it up over something nonexistent.

Donghyuck pushed the doubts to the back of his mind, convincing himself that what he felt for Yunchae was just friendly affection. However, deep down a small part of him still wondered whether he was lying to himself. But for now, he chose to ignore the nagging voice at the back of his head, content to enjoy Yunchae's friendship.

"Take a picture, it will last longer," Yunchae teased, bringing Donghyuck back to the present moment.

Donghyuck scoffed, rolling his eyes. "So full of yourself already."

"What can I say? I know I'm amazing," Yunchae shrugged nonchalantly.

Donghyuck couldn't help but chuckle, playfully rolling his eyes. "Nice of you to have finally realised it," he remarked, his tone unexpectedly sincere.

Yunchae blinked in surprise, taken aback by the genuine response. She had braced herself for a teasing retort, so his sincere reply caught her off guard in the best possible way.

"It's getting late, wanna head back inside?" Donghyuck asked, extending his hand.

"Sure," Yunchae replied, taking his hand.

As Donghyuck opened the rooftop door, a gentle breeze swept through, carrying the faint scent of the night air. Yunchae took a final glance at the twinkling city lights before turning back to Donghyuck.