♪ Chapter 17 ♪

"BOO!"

"BOO!"

"AHHHHH!" Chiyo and Yunchae screamed in unison as Xia laughed her head off, and Kyohee and Seoyeon chuckled at the well executed scare.

"Not funny," Yunchae sent Xia a playful death glare.

The five girls were sitting in a cosy circle on mattresses that they had arranged in the middle of the living room. A lamp in the corner provided a dim light, casting a warm glow over the room, while Xia held a flashlight under her chin.

"Are you guys done with your spooky stories now? Let's watch a horror movie!" Kyohee suggested, eager to catch up on the new releases.

"Dibs picking the movie!" Xia called out as Seoyeon got up.

Chiyo immediately started arguing with Xia on why she should be the one to choose the movie. Meanwhile, Yunchae's attention was drawn to Seoyeon.

"Where are you going?" Yunchae inquired.

"To the kitchen to get snacks," Seoyeon said, pointing towards the well lit kitchen.

"I'm coming then!" Yunchae exclaimed, eagerly walking towards the kitchen with Seoyeon.

As Seoyeon put a packet of popcorn in the microwave, Yunchae busily emptied packets of lollies into bowls.

"That's a lot of lollies," Seoyeon noted, raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly! It's a perfect source of energy!" Yunchae responded with a grin.

"What? You want to go on a sugar rush or something?" Seoyeon asked, amused by Yunchae's choice of fuel.

Meanwhile, Xia and Chiyo were still debating which horror movie to watch, both passionately arguing for their preferred choice.

"The person who can scare Yunchae the most gets to pick the movie," Kyohee declared with a teasing smile.

The microwave hummed and the aroma of popcorn filled the air as Yunchae and Seoyeon carried their bowls of snacks back to the living room. The others had already settled into comfortable positions, ready for the horror movie marathon.

Yunchae settled onto the couch, completely unaware of the ongoing debate around her until an unexpected noise echoed through the room. The lights flickered before turning off completely, and a shadow towered over Yunchae.

"AHHH!" Yunchae let out a startled scream, her popcorn bowl flying into the air as she jumped in surprise.

There was a sudden pause before the room burst into laughter.

"That was a good one," Seoyeon commented, still chuckling.

"Looks like Chiyo can pick the movie. Turn the lights back on though," Kyohee stated as Chiyo's figure was nowhere to be seen.

"What do you mean? I was the creepy shadowy figure! I thought Xia turned off the lights," Chiyo said, appearing from behind the couch.

"I've been sitting here the whole time," Xia defended herself, pointing to her spot on the couch.