♪ Chapter 27 ♪

"I swear, Kun is the only one in NCT with a brain cell," a staff member sighed, her voice tinged with exasperation as she observed the chaos unfolding

Yunchae couldn't help but stifle a giggle, drawing the attention of the staff member amidst all the commotion.

"Why don't you come over here instead, and I'll do your hair because those idiots will mess up their hair in less than a minute," the staff member suggested, patting the chair in front of her.

Yunchae nodded, getting up and settling into the chair in front of the vanity mirror.

"I styled Jisung's hair earlier, and, surprise surprise, ten seconds later, it was messed up by Renjun," the staff member complained.

"Oh, yeah. By the way, I'm Yoojung, that's Daehyun, and that's Eunmi," the staff member introduced everyone to Yunchae, gesturing towards each person in turn.

"Nice to meet you all! I'm Yunchae," Yunchae chimed in enthusiastically.

"Honey, you're saying that like you aren't a famous idol," Yoojung teased, eliciting a sheepish grin from Yunchae.

"Stop being rude, Yoojung," Eunmi interjected, coming to Yunchae's defence.

"I'm not!" Yoojung protested, only to be interrupted by Daehyun.

"You know, Yujin always said you were really shy," Daehyun remarked.

"It was probably an excuse for her to gatekeep-" Yoojung began before being cut off by the sudden appearance of Yujin.

"There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere," Yujin exclaimed, breaking the conversation.

"Can everyone stop interrupting me!?" Yoojung finally exclaimed, feigning annoyance.

"Shut up, Yoojung," Yujin teased before turning to Yunchae. "You know what, as long as you don't get your makeup done by Eunmi, we're good."

"Rude! Also, Yujin! Can't believe you've been gatekeeping this beauty," Eunmi exclaimed, causing Yunchae to flush with embarrassment.

"I haven't! She's just really shy!" Yujin defended herself.

"Well, she doesn't seem as shy as you made her out to be," Daehyun chimed in.

Yujin turned to Yunchae, her gaze examining her from head to toe.

"It's probably because she's been hanging out too much with a certain someone, but they are so cute together!" Yujin explained, her words sending a ripple of curiosity through the group.

"Really!? Who?" Eunmi questioned eagerly, leaning forward in anticipation.

Yunchae practically shot up out of her seat, moving quickly to cover Yujin's mouth as everyone burst into laughter at the teasing.