♪ Chapter 15 ♪

It was four days until debut, and the air was filled with a mix of anticipation and surreal excitement

It was four days until debut, and the air was filled with a mix of anticipation and surreal excitement. The day had started early with the group gathering at 4am for final practices before heading to the recording set for their performance video.

Currently, Yunchae found herself in the makeup chair, where Yujin applied the finishing touches.

"Excited?" Yujin asked, her eyes reflecting the shared enthusiasm.

"Definitely," Yunchae replied with a genuine smile.

"Well, good luck," Yujin wished, crossing her fingers in a supportive gesture.

Meanwhile, Kyohee was annoying the staff by questioning the stability of the set. Positioned on a higher platform against a city backdrop, with buildings on the side, she couldn't help but express her concerns.

"Are you sure this is safe? We have a lot of jumping in our choreo," Kyohee inquired for the fifth time, her worry evident in her tone.

"Positive. We've used the same set multiple times, changing up things," the director reassured, his patience wearing thin with the repetition of questions.

"Better be," Kyohee asserted one more time, a touch of scepticism lingering as her makeup artist gently ushered her away.

"AHHH!!! THERE'S A ROACH!" Xia screamed, the sudden outburst causing everyone to turn their attention towards her. In a split second she had leaped onto a nearby chair and was screaming her heart out.

"Where?" Seoyeon questioned, her eyes scanning the surroundings.

"There!" Xia exclaimed, pointing towards Chiyo with a terrified expression.

"Are you calling me a roach!?" Chiyo questioned, marching up to Xia with a mix of amusement and mock offence.

"Maybe I am!" Xia declared defiantly, puffing up her chest.

Seoyeon sighed, walking away from the escalating playful fight between Xia and Chiyo. Meanwhile, Yunchae stepped in, attempting to create peace between the two.

"Both of you chill," Yunchae advised, positioning herself between Xia and Chiyo.

"Keep the roach away from me!" Xia screamed, her tone carrying subtle playfulness.

"I know she looks like one, but what did we discuss about not saying facts out loud?" Yunchae responded, trying to calm down Xia.

"Excuse me!?" Chiyo questioned, feigning offence as she shot a playful glare at Yunchae.

"Wait! Didn't you call me a pig the other day, Yunchae!?" Xia swiftly changed targets and playfully glaring at Yunchae.

Having now created peace between the two, Yunchae found herself becoming the new target. The atmosphere shifted as the two mischievous friends joined efforts.