♪ Chapter 10 ♪

The past few days felt like a blur for Donghyuck

The past few days felt like a blur for Donghyuck. It was a constant cycle of preparing for ISTJ, Fact Check, Golden Age, and NCT Nation. Being a part of two groups was enjoyable, but it also had its own set of challenges and demanded a considerable amount of effort.

Donghyuck couldn't help but feel a twinge of envy towards Mark. He marvelled at how effortlessly Mark picked up choreographies, how he was never annoyed or frustrated with himself, and how rarely he had to stay past midnight for additional practice.

Plus, the pressure to maintain perfection and be the mood maker of the group, all while concealing how much he was suffering inside, was beginning to take its toll.

"Yo, dude. You coming?" Mark's voice interrupted as he called out to Haechan, who was slumped against the mirror.

With a sigh, Haechan shook his head. Surprisingly, the usually mischievous maknae wasn't bullying Doyoung at that moment, drawing curious glances from Taeyong and Johnny.

"You sure?" Johnny questioned, seeking confirmation to which Donhyuck silently nodded.

"Alright. If you need anything, give us a call. Good night," Taeyong said, before walking out as the rest of 127 left the room.

"Night," Donghyuck murmured, the tiredness in his voice evident.

He was about to get up from his seat when a familiar voice humming a familiar melody reached his ears.

"I see you like ISTJ," Donghyuck teased the person who had just walked in the practice room.

Yunchae's cheeks instantly flushed red. "Sorry, didn't know someone was in here," she murmured, apologetically.

Donghyuck, giving a tired smile, reassured her, "It's alright."

Yunchae raised an eyebrow, detecting the weariness, but she decided not to press further. "I'll leave you to it then," she said, turning around to exit the room.

"Stay," she heard Donghyuck's voice whisper, stopping her in her tracks.

"Huh?"

"Stay, please."

Yunchae hesitated, her eyes meeting Donghyuck's. After a brief moment of contemplation, she decided to sit down next to her senior.

"You, good?" Yunchae gaze locked on Donghyuck.

Donghyuck sighed, a mixture of exhaustion and frustration evident as he shook his head.

"Do you want to tell me why?" Yunchae asked, her tone gentle, not wanting to overstep her boundaries.

Donghyuck nodded.

So, Yunchae patiently waited until he was ready to share.

"It's too much. I feel alone and suffocated. I have so much to practise, I can never get a break. Especially because of all the albums we are releasing right now. Like, I have to work on the ISTJ album, the Golden Age album, the Fact Check album, and practise for the NCT Nation concerts," Donghyuck explained, a hint of vulnerability in his voice.

Yunchae hummed, listening to every word Donghyuck was saying.

"But you're not alone. You have Mark practising with you as well," Yunchae replied, offering a perspective.

"That's what makes me feel even worse though. Mark is amazing at everything. He rarely makes mistakes, he learns the choreography super fast, and rarely practices after midnight!" Donghyuck burst, his frustration noticeable

Yunchae awkwardly patted Donghyuck's back, her mind working to find the right words.

"Why don't you talk to Mark then? Ask for advice. Ask for help. Don't take it on alone. Tell them how you feel and what you're going through," Yunchae advised, encouraging him to talk to his members.

Donghyuck had thought about it, but he didn't want to burden his members, so he kept his struggles to himself.

None of them having anything else to say, let the silence take over.

"How about you teach me some moves?" Yunchae suggested.

"What? Some moves to one of our songs," Donghyuck laughed.

"Mhm! You can teach me the dance to whatever that song was, um, the one that started with f?" Yunchae tried to recall the name.

"Fact Check? You do know that hasn't been released yet," Donghyuck questioned.

"Exactly! I can walk in pretending to be you, and then do your part of the choreography," Yunchae laughed, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Donghyuck laughed too, finding the idea amusing.

"That would be funny," he agreed.

Yunchae's giggles joined his laughter until he was standing in front of her with his hand out.

"What?" Yunchae asked, puzzled.

"Come on. I'll teach you. You better uphold your end of the deal," Donghyuck said, challenging Yunchae.

"I was joking! I'd embarrass the heck out of myself," Yunchae exclaimed, imagining what would happen.

"Exactly! Now get up or I'll blackmail and annoy you until you do. And you know how annoying I can be," Donghyuck threatened playfully, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

Yunchae sighed, giving in, and took Donghyuck's hand. She would learn the choreography tonight and planned to avoid him tomorrow.

♪♪♪

"Damn, you're actually pretty good. Now, all we have left is the dance break," Donghyuck commented, impressed by Yunchae's quick learning.

"Thank God! My feet are about to die!!" Yunchae exclaimed, dramatically flopping onto the floor.

"No, they aren't. Come on, we'll learn the dance break, then I'll walk you to the dorms," Donghyuck suggested.

"You live in the same dorms! You'd be walking me anyway!" Yunchae argued.

"Whatever," Donghyuck dismissed the matter with a flick of his wrist.

Yunchae rolled her eyes, mustering up the energy to get up and finish learning the choreography.

How are we feeling??

Chapter 10!!