♪ Chapter 8 ♪

Haechan chuckled at Yunchae's reaction, finding amusement in her surprise

"I'm kidding, but seriously, do you mind if I join you for a bit? I'm curious to see what you're working on," he suggested, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Yunchae, still processing what was happening, hesitated for a moment. However, she couldn't deny the fact that the idea intrigued her.

"Sure? Just don't distract me too much," Yunchae replied, trying to sound nonchalant, although her blush betrayed a hint of embarrassment.

Haechan grinned, moving to the middle of the room. As the music played, both Yunchae and Haechan immersed themselves in the dance routine, each focusing on their own parts.

Forgetting there was another presence in the room, Yunchae started grunting when she couldn't get a particular part right.

"You know, try tilting your right foot more and leaning to the left a bit more as well," Haechan suggested, surprising Yunchae that he was paying attention to her and genuinely offering advice. Taking his suggestion, she executed the move, and it indeed worked like a charm.

"See! I've been in the industry for 7 years, I'm always right!" Haechan bragged, with a hint of playful pride in his voice.

"Wow, you must be really old then," Yunchae teased, getting comfortable with him after all the interactions.

Haechan was taken aback, as he was usually the one leading the conversation. He normally didn't expect such a long response back from her, even though it was only a sentence.

"You little! I'm only- wait, how old are you?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"Haechan, you don't ask a girl her age!" Yunchae responded, tutting in mock disapproval.

"Call me Donghyuck, and seriously, how old are you actually?"

"I'm born in 2002," Yunchae shared.

"I'm only two years older than you!" Haechan exclaimed, realising they were closer in age than he initially thought.

Deciding now would be the perfect time to take a break, the two sat down. As the conversation flowed, Yunchae realised that Haechan was not just the lively, annoying and outgoing idol she saw on stage. There was a different side to him – someone who genuinely enjoyed annoying others, sharing stories, and having a good time.

"So, Yunchae, besides dancing, what else do you enjoy doing?" Haechan asked, genuinely wanting to get to know her.

Yunchae paused, considering the question. "Well, I love listening to music and singing. And, of course, spending time with my members."

Haechan nodded along to each and every word. "Nice! I'm into gaming and, obviously, singing as well," he shared, a playful twinkle appearing in his eyes.

"I love gaming as well!" Yunchae chimed in, the two realising they shared more in common than at first glance.

As they wrapped up the practice, Haechan ruffled her hair with a playful grin. "Well, that was fun. Thanks for letting me crash your practice."

Yunchae couldn't help but smile. "No problem. It was... surprisingly not bad."

"Not bad, wow, I'm offended," Haechan rolled his eyes in a teasing manner.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Yunchae apologised, wondering if he actually was offended.

"I'm joking, looks like I'll have to teach you sarcasm as well," Haechan laughed.

"Maybe you will," Yunchae joined in the laughter.

"Where are you heading now?" Haechan asked as the two approached the exit.

"Obviously, the dorms. Where else at this time?" Yunchae answered, humour filling her tone.

"Me too, do you live in the dorms a few streets away as well?" Haechan asked.

"The one which we all evacuated a few weeks ago because of a false fire alarm?" Yunchae questioned, remembering how chaotic the moment was.

"Looks like we live in the same dorms," Haechan smiled, his mind flashing back to the same memory. "Let's walk together."

"Sure?" Yunchae replied, the genuine warmth returning to her voice.

As they walked down the streets together, a comfortable silence surrounded them, each speaking up when they had something to share.

"I'd love to watch the sunset one day from Lotte World Tower. Actually, I would love to go to Lotte World and then watch the sunset," Yunchae admitted, her eyes twinkling.

"You haven't been to Lotte World!?" Haechan asked in surprise.

The girl shook her head, a hint of embarrassment.

"Wow, I feel like every Korean has been to Lotte World at least once. You know what, I'll take you one day," Haechan promised.

"Yeah, and I'll beat you at every single game!" Yunchae teased, her competitiveness appearing.

"You will not!" Haechan argued, a playful sparking igniting in his eyes.

Yunchae grinned, giving Haechan a wink. "Oh, trust me. When it comes to games, I'm unbeatable. You might regret challenging me."

Entering through the back to avoid the persistent sasaengs gathered at the front, Yunchae and Haechan were ready to head to bed.

"Hey, Donghyuck, it was fun hanging out with you today," she said with a grin, using Haechan's birth name.

Haechan grinned back. "Likewise, Yunchae. Looking forward to beating you!"

And with that, the two separated ways, going back to their respective dorms to rest before another tiring day.

The amount of times I said genuinely in this chapter. I had to go back and edit half of them out!

Anyway, the two are getting closer! And Yunchae is getting less awkward!

I'm also thinking of starting a new book. Like writing this one and another one at the same time. I had started writing it a while ago, so I already have it planned and have written a few chapters. What do you think?

I hope your enjoying the book!