Destiny and Offers

Trying to reorient her mind, Sanem walked up to Marco who gave her a quizzical look.

Everything ok, hermosa? I'm sorry if I spooked you with the entrance idea, he said with a frown.

No, no, Marco. It was a great idea. I'm just..just a little bit flustered, she said trying to convince him that she was alright.

Looking at her more intently now, his head swaying from side to side, a huge smile began to form. 

Sanem, your cheeks and neck are red, your lips are swollen and you have the look of a woman who has just been kissed to distraction, he said amused.

Gasping again, her hand went up to her mouth to cover the evidence.

Don't, don't be silly! I'm just nervous, giving him a side eye glance. I must've bitten my lip from nerves, she said hoping that silly excuse would suffice.

Suddenly there was applause and Marco took her hand and said, If you say so. Are you ready?

Nodding her head yes and taking a deep breath in and exhaling, Sanem readied her mind for their dance. She needed to concentrate. This was important to her group and to Baris.

She had no idea what was happening on stage because she couldn't see anything from where she was but she hoped whatever was said would put the crowd in a good mood for their performance. She heard someone speaking but her heart was still thundering in her ears.

Hearing their introduction, Marco squeezed her hand as he led her to the stage.

________________

Running back into the cabin like he was being chased, Can looked around. Hello! Are you still in here? The silence confirmed that she indeed was gone.

Sighing heavily and running his hand over his face, he walked quickly out the other door where he was to meet the guys, hoping that he could still find her. Maybe she hadn't left the yacht, not exactly sure how he would find her. Walking around sniffing women was sure to be the end of his career.

Almost running into Tahir, Can looked around frantically.

Did you see a woman come out of here, he asked with a crazed look on his face.

A woman? Why would a woman have been in here, Can? And, no. We got caught by some businessman while you were speaking and just got here. What's wrong? Roberto asked frowning.

Sighing again, he walked around the deck not knowing how he would recognize her since they were in a dark room but he had to at least try since the sniffing idea was a bust.

He heard the music ending and heavy applause but couldn't see what was happening at the stage because Tahir was leading him by the arm towards the exit.

Can, if you go into that crowd you know we will be here for hours. I don't know what's going on but we really need to leave before this turns into a circus. One IG post and we will be mobbed at the marina, Tahir said with a worried look. He had never seen his friend like this.

Hanging his head and knowing he was right, Can turned towards the exit. He knew that if he went back to the crowd, all the attention would be on him and not the performers and he didn't want that. Reluctantly, he walked towards the car and got in.

Can, what's going on? Roberto said loudly, his concern growing.

Rubbing his finger across his lips, Can recalled their encounter.

Wildflowers, passionate kissing, warm skin, beautiful lips. But even more than that. It was the connection that affected him more than anything.

He could almost trace the outline of her face in his mind and would have given everything he owned to have seen her face; to have taken her away with him so they could talk; to find out everything little detail about her and her life and somehow convince her to be his forever.