Fame and Falling in Love

When Sanem walked into the studio, she was met with applause and whistles.

Shaking her head in confusion, Baris walked up to her to congratulate her on her first interview.

Sanem, word is getting around the arts community about the newest face in dance, Baris said, beaming with pride.

Continuing, he said, My phone has been literally blowing up since you talked to Ibrahim the other day. Hello magazine wants to know if you're interested in a feature story! They saw our last performance and want to get the scoop before other magazines do. They were upset that Ibrahim had beat them to the first story about you.

What?? That's crazy, Baris, Sanem said, shaking her head. I don't know what to say.

Sanem, I'm so excited for you, Frankie shouted! Her dance mates gathered around for hugs and congratulations.

Marco just watched, smiling from ear to ear, so proud of her. Sanem, I couldn't be happier for you, he said when he walked up to her.

Sukru took the opportunity to hug her and tell her how excited he was for her. You deserve all this and more, Sanem, he told her.

Thanks, guys, I'm overwhelmed! Truly. I'm speechless, she answered, tears forming in her eyes.

Pulling her away, Baris sat her down to talk about her future.

Sanem, I want nothing more than to keep you with us but, honestly, the sky is the limit for you. You will start getting offers from bigger dance groups and I want you to know that I will support you no matter what you decide, he said lovingly.

Baris, I could never leave you; leave my team. You gave me this opportunity. You have been my mentor. Without you none of this would be happening. Loyalty is something I value dearly and I'm not planning on going anywhere! she said, holding his hand, trying to assure him.

Now listen to me, my girl. I will never forgive myself for holding you back. Do you understand? Never. I want you to fly. I want you to dream the biggest dreams and watch them come true. I want you to promise me that when, not if, but when those opportunities come, you will not allow obligation to me to keep you from achieving them. Do you promise me that? he said looking at her seriously.

Looking down but nodding her head, she answered, Yes, okay, Baris. I promise.

He kissed her forehead lightly and let her go back to celebrating with the team.

_____________________

Cappadocia was next on the Break the Wall Tour for Can and his team. It was several days away and once again, a sold out event.

Roberto, Tahir, can we increase security for this one, please? Can asked as they had dinner together. I don't want a repeat of Izmir.

Can, we follow your lead, abi. You know I don't like how you make yourself so accessible to the crowds. I'd have you behind barricades if it was up to me, Tahir said nervously.

I know, brother, I know. I have to find a balance between allowing them so much access and separating myself from them. For these tours, it's part of the trade off. They're giving to the charity to get up close with me. I just need to be more careful about being near one of you when I'm in the middle of the chaos, he said, trying to work out what was best. 

Can could easily defend himself and keep himself safe but it meant him having to be aggressive. His thoughts went back to the unfortunate event when an unruly fan, trying to get his attention, yanked his hair multiple times from behind. And of course, the only photo that the paparazzi printed, was him slapping her hand away, captioning it "Can Yaman getting aggressive with unsuspecting fans."