Opportunities and Sacrifices

The next time they were together, Sanem resolved to finally ask him about the Italy offer.

Can, have you made up your mind about the offer in Italy yet? You haven't mentioned it for awhile, Sanem asked, not sure what her reaction would be if he said he was changing his mind and taking it.

I'm sorry, bebek. I kept meaning to tell you but there's been so much going on. I told Mamut that if they pushed for an answer, to turn it down. I technically only have another week left of their deadline but they know that I've been noncommittal up to this point. Mamut will formally turn it down next week. You know that I had my reservations about it from the beginning so it should be no surprise. And before you get upset, I promise it's not just our relationship that helped me make the decision. There were a lot of factors, so let's just leave it, ok? I love you and I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. I promise I wasn't hiding it from you, Can said with conviction.

Looking away, Sanem nodded but still was uneasy with his decision. But they had promised to always be truthful so she took him at his word.

Alright, then Can. I believe you. And I support whatever you decide, she said, looking back at him and holding his gaze.

Good! Now, tell me about this photo shoot for the new performance, he said, kissing her hands.

Smiling, she said, Oh, Can, I'm so excited about it, actually! The dance number will feature the whole dance group and I will be portraying Cleopatra. It's the biggest one we've ever done and Baris asked for a shoot to promote it. I think the audience is going to love it. The stage set will be the most elaborate one so far!

That sounds amazing, Sanem. I can't wait to see it. You've been working so hard on this one. You're going to be the most beautiful Cleopatra ever, he said, smiling down at his beautiful girlfriend.

The photo shoot is a closed set and Baris can't make an exception for you and not everyone else's significant other but I have tickets for you in the front row the night of the performance, she said happily.

And I'll be the one screaming your name and throwing you kisses from that front seat, canim, he said saucily with that head wiggle she loved so much.

Serseri! she replied, chuckling.

Can pulled her in close trying to tickle her as she tried to do the same to him. Their teasing and playing turned quickly into passionate kissing. Sanem heard her phone ringing nearby but Can mumbled to ignore it as he kissed her neck, inhaling her intoxicating perfume.

When the ringing stopped but then started again, she reluctantly pulled away, catching her breath.

Can it might be important if they keep calling, she said kissing his lips softly.

Sighing and letting her go but holding on to her hand, Can watched her take the call. 

Sanem, straightened her dress out as she calmed her breathing and answered it, giving him a sideways look. She mouthed "Baris" to him so he knew who it was.

Hi Baris, sorry I was busy, she said with a sly smile as she heard Can chuckle.

No, go ahead, I'm listening. Ah hmm. Wait, wait. What? When..when did they? Baris are you sure?? she said with surprise.

Can wasn't sure what was going on but his phone started ringing so he motioned if everything was ok, to which she nodded her head. Feeling certain there was no emergency, he walked away and answered seeing Mamut's name on the caller ID. 

Merhaba, Mamut. How are you? What's up? Can said, still watching Sanem as she spoke to Baris.

Can! Have you heard the news? It was just announced! Mamut said excitedly.