Introductions and Impressions

A few days later, Sanem, Mia, Frankie and Leyla met for dinner to catch up. Sanem told them about the interview as well as Engin's visit and Can's jealousy.

Mia said, Sanem, first of all, your cover on Hello Magazine was amazing. The interview was so good. I love how you told about growing up in the mahalle and how your career started. Absolutely perfect. I know we all feel the same way. We're so proud of you!

They all came in close for a group hug, speaking words of affirmation to her.

Wiping away some tears, Sanem said, Ey, ablas! You're making me cry like a baby. Thank you all so much. I couldn't have done any of this without each of you and how you've believed in me all these years.

I can't wait to say I knew you when, joked Frankie.

Leyla joined in saying, Yes, Mom and Dad have framed everything from the beginning of your career til now. We're all so happy for you.

Mia continued, now that the love was all poured out. So...Engin! Can we talk about that??

Sanem's eyes got big as saucers as she answered, Yes! Can you believe it? I didn't know what to say. And Can just stood there with that crazy look in his eyes, like my Mom, then started smiling after I came down hall talking about pajamas and bedheads!

The girls all started laughing hysterically, picturing Engin's face at that precise moment.

I would have paid everything in my savings account to have seen his reaction, Frankie said.

It was priceless. I don't think I've ever heard him stutter before then, Sanem answered.

So what did Can say about all of this? Mia asked.

He wants to meet my parents and have me meet his. Soon. Then he wants to go public with our relationship, she said shyly.

Oh Wow! That's some huge steps, Sanem. How are you feeling about all of this? Leyla asked.

I felt really good about it until saying it out loud now to you guys, Sanem answered with concern on her face. 

Is he asking you to do this because of jealousy or is he really ready for the storm that will descend upon the two of you after that bombshell announcement? I mean, it's a bit soon, don't you think? Mia asked carefully.

It is soon but..there's just such a peace about this. We both feel it. We can't be together the way we want to like this. It's been fun kind of hiding out but it limits what we can do together, you know? Sanem responded.

But won't you have to continue hiding after the announcement? I mean, the press is going to be hounding you both night and day for photos, Leyla wondered.

It's true. All of that is true but they do that anyway to him and after what happened at the last performance, I think it's going to get more commonplace for me as well. We might as well be able to at least go out in public together. They will catch us eventually. This way we get to control the content, she explained.

I can understand that. I can't imagine what he has to go through just to have some semblance of normalcy, Frankie admitted.

It's so true. And he missed out on all of my firsts, which we both hate. He would've done anything to have been with me on that interview. Although he definitely wasn't too happy about that swimsuit part, Sanem said with a shy smile.

Yeah, I bet he didn't, Frankie answered as they all laughed.

I told him I thought he would like it since he took all of those shirtless photos for the fans, she answered chuckling.