Happy Ending or New Beginnings

Can and Sanem sat close, holding hands and caressing each other on the flight back home. She kept lifting her hand up to admire her beautiful engagement ring.

Can, I'm so happy. I have to keep pinching myself to prove I'm not dreaming, she sighed.

Me too, bebek. You've made me so very happy. I'm glad your parents took the news well, he chuckled.

Well, I think they saw how much I suffered during our year apart and that my mind is made up about you. They want me to be happy and they trust my judgment. Plus, whatever you told my father when you first went to speak to him made an impact, she answered, putting her tiny hand in his.

I just told him the truth. I was deeply in love with his lovely daughter and I couldn't live without her, he confessed, watching her smile.

So, I was wondering. Where do you want to get married? she asked, looking up at him.

Sanem, you name the day, place and time and I'll be the one waiting for you as you walk down that aisle, he said with a deep look of love in his eyes.

Ok, then I was thinking in your garden. It will be beautiful this time of year. We can set up an arbor that we would have our ceremony under and white chairs lined up for our guests. I'd love wildflowers everywhere and a band with dancing afterwards. How does that sound? she asked with a smile.

That sounds perfect. My parents want to help with the arrangements and I'm sure yours does as well. I'll look into the officiant and marriage license, Can said confidently. But first, I know I have to go and formally ask for your hand.

Yes, you do! My Dad would be disappointed if you didn't, Sanem said. Should we call them and plan for everyone to get together tomorrow night? We can then divide up the details with everyone.

The sooner the better, Can said with a wink.

I can't believe it. If everything works out, we could actually be married in 2 or 3 weeks! she exclaimed happily.

2 or 3 weeks?? I was thinking one! Can retorted.

One?? Oh, Can I don't think we could pull that off in just a week, she said with a frown.

And then a smile crossed her face and she continued.

I have a feeling I know why you're in such a hurry, canim, she said with a shy smile.

Why? he asked, his brows furrowing.

Seems like someone got himself all worked up the other night at my hotel door, she whispered.

When they heard Tahir snicker behind them, they realized they were speaking louder than they thought.

Can turned around and Tahir gave him the "Oh really??" look with his eyebrows high up on his forehead. Can shot him a warning look and turned back around.

Sanem, I was just giving you a preview of what's to come, he whispered in her ear, creating a glow on her skin.

Yaa, Can. But what were the repercussions of that speech? she said, nodding her head knowingly and chuckling.

Taking a deep inhale then blowing it out, he answered, Yeah, I'm regretting that now, he said and then tickled her until she begged him to stop.

When they landed in Istanbul, they gathered their belongings and was helped down the small flight of stairs . They were greeted by an airline employee telling them about a busted pipe in the VIP lounge and that they would have to go through the main terminal to exit.