Past History and Future Plans

As soon as her door closed and she heard Can and Tahir pull away, Frankie and Sanem looked at one another in complete awe.

Sanem, you have to tell me everything! Oh my goodness. I was about to lose my mind on the ride home. I tried to get some info out of Tahir but he didn't budge. I mean, are you dating?? Frankie said without taking a breath.

Sitting down hard on her sofa, Sanem said, Frankie, I don't know. We, we talked for hours about everything. We laughed, we ate, took pictures. I mean I felt like we had known each other for years. He was so easy to talk to. I forgot that he was, you know...Can YAMAN!

Did he kiss you?? Frankie asked with her eyes wide.

NO! I mean it wasn't a date date. Was it? Sanem asked shyly.

AH...yes..yes, it was! Frankie yelled. Sanem..you went on a date..with CAN YAMAN! Then he drove you home. You have to know he must've planned on flying home, right?? He drove you 4 hours just to spend more time with you.

Rubbing both hands over her eyes, Sanem blew out a huge breath. I don't know what to say. I mean if it were anyone else, I'd say, yeah it was definitely a date. But it's HIM. Why would he want to go on a date with ME?

Sanem, you two look amazing together. I was glad to see that things got better after Tahir and I left. When I didn't hear from you for hours, I knew it had to be. But seeing you two together last night at the bar and then when we all got back here tonight, there's no denying that he likes you, Frankie said.

I like him too, Sanem said quietly. But I'm afraid. I mean. How do we see each other? Do we have to sneak around? What about these women that throw themselves at him? I don't want to deal with all of that! But it's true. When it was just us, he was just a man, not a celebrity. He was just Can. 

LIKE NOTTING HILL! They both said at the same time, laughing.

I still say it's one of the best romantic comedies EVER, not to mention the similarities, Sanem said.

Right?? He's a celebrity and you're..well..not a travel book store owner but a mere mortal for sure, Frankie said jokingly.

Well, let's just see what happens in the next week or so. If he calls, then you know he's interested. If he doesn't, then it's an incredible memory to tell your grandkids one day, Frankie said, hoping to make Sanem feel better.

I guess so, Sanem said, looking down. In her mind she was torn. She didn't want it to be just a memory for the future. She felt something she hadn't felt before. There was just a comfort level there mixed with that spark that was undeniable. But his lifestyle was so completely different than hers. It would be like trying to combine two completely different worlds.

And what about the mystery man that kissed me on the yacht? Sanem asked. I felt something with him that was incredible too. Now, I meet Can. I haven't even considered anyone in my life since Engin and now in a span of 2 weeks or so, I've met two great guys.

Well you've only actually met one. The other one is still a mystery. Maybe kiss Can and see if there is a spark like your mystery guy, Frankie said.

Rolling her eyes, Sanem answered, Yes, that's what I'll do. Hey, Can, can you kiss me and see if I feel that same way as I did when my mystery guy kissed me in the dark on a yacht?

Shrugging her shoulders, Frankie said nonchalantly, I don't see the problem..as she headed to the guest room.

Shaking her head at her friend and smiling, Sanem made herself a cup of tea. 

She really liked Can but he was a dream that most likely wouldn't go anywhere. But she couldn't deny the strong feeling she had when she kissed her mystery man.