Reunions in the Rain

Can turned completely around, straining in the direction of the faint voice he heard.

He took several long strides towards the direction of the voice when he sees her. 

Sanem. His Sanem.

She stopped walking, blinked several times, mouth gaping, not believing what she was seeing.

He took the last few steps separating them, and stood right in front of her. The rain slowed down to a light drizzle and he could see her face now. They were both breathing heavily, studying each other as if they were trying to memorize every feature, neither willing to move from this moment.

He looked at her beautiful face, her gorgeous lips, her cute little nose but it was her eyes, lit up in wonder and confusion, that took his breath away. A tremor started in his heart then moved to his hands.

There was something else he saw in those incredibly beautiful eyes.

Love. Hope...

He saw it so clearly and his heart slammed in his chest. Then his eyes averted her gaze, his heart filling with shame.

Forgotten were the plans of grand gestures. All the loneliness, all the fear, all the longing of the last 12 months came to the surface of his heart and his body.

Powerless to stop himself, he slowly fell to his knees at her feet and sobbed into his hands.

I'm sorry, Sanem, he breathed out, in between cries. I'm so sorry. Forgive me, askim. Forgive me. 

With his eyes closed and his heart bleeding, he repeated it over and over again.

Sanem held out a trembling hand, pushing his hood off of his head and ran her fingers through his gloriously thick hair. She had dreamed of doing that for so long. It had gotten longer and her heart did flip flops in her chest at the sight of it, long, wild and free.

The gesture was so gentle, so loving, so intimate, he was sure his heart had stopped completely now. But still he couldn't look back into her eyes. He didn't deserve that privilege.

She gently ran her hand down his head towards his cheek, wiping away his tears as she gently scratched into his beard, causing Can to cry even louder. 

Her hand went lower still, down his jawline caressing him with her touch. He felt her warm hand move under his chin and he leaned into it, wanting to kiss her open palm but not daring to. Slowly opening his eyes, he felt her firmly pulling his chin so he was looking up into her eyes.

As he watched the tears flow down her face, she whispered the words his tortured heart needed to hear, longed to hear but dared not dreamt of hearing.

I still choose you, Can, she whispered.

The flood of tears poured out, rivaling the rain shower that had just ended, both in intensity and volume.

Saaanem, he whispered, his voice cracking with emotion.